So last weekend I attended my 3rd ever Mary Kay Seminar. It was so great, and so well timed!
The night before the whole thing started I got a surprise email from my friend Holly who is originally from Dallas but currently lives in China. She was home! so I was able to go and see her. I know her from Teen Missions. We used to lead Peanut Teams together (the 7-9 year olds) Holly is the one who broke her nose, and I fainted--for those of you who know that story :)
Anyway, her cousin Stephanie and brother Daniel were also there (among the rest of her family) but these 2 were on 2 of our teams when they were just little kids! Now they're both in college. In fact, Daniel is about to start his senior year at Gordon! And it was really fun to meet the rest of their family too.
Our "Area" Awards night banquet. With my Director, Lisa and her Director, Alexa. a.k.a. my Mary Kay 'mom' and 'grandma'

Our area does not currently have a National Sales Director--so we are known as the "Go-Give" area right now. Which means that we are in need of someone moving up to the position of National Sales Director. So Mary Ann (on the right) is the next one in line to do it! We got to have our own little intimate awards night in her hotel room. There were about 15 of us--we got to kick off our shoes and sit on her bed in our dresses and gowns, and we had a grand night. It was the best awards night ever. And for the first time, Mary Ann said that she could see her future National Area--because she had a room full of future directors! So, she thinks in 2 years we'll be a National Area! Whoo hoo! We are very excited about it--and we're all getting to work!

Seminar Awards night--with everyone. People win diamond rings and trips around the world and all sorts of things. I'm so ready to win some of those things--next year!!

The whole thing was so great, and I came home ready to work and get to business. While I was gone, I told Tres that I needed to buy a large white board to track my business on when I got home. So what did he do? He showed up after I got home with a white board for me! I was so surprised. It seems silly...but that was one of the best things he could have done. He also sent me flowers, which were waiting for me when I arrived home--before he came over. Aren't they beautiful? He's so good to me.

So, the goals are this:
DIQ (Director in Qualification) by October 1
Car earned by November 30th
and Directorship achieved by Christmas.
I really think this will happen. Tres is incredibly supportive and on board for this too--and Lord knows that the support and encouragement is greatly needed for me. And the accountability to get it done. So he's great for that. Yesterday, we even sat down and wrote out a weekly schedule with both of our work schedules and date times and all of that. Since he is basically self employed as well (well, he makes his own schedule usually anyway)...it was necessary for us to actually write a schedule to follow since it is so easy to just say "oh, I have nothing to do today, let's get together!" and before you know it, the entire day is gone and you've gotten nothing done work-wise. So, we're both in need of a schedule to follow---and we think this will be helpful for us.




2 comments:
Kate, that's so awesome! We're rooting for you! :)
Hi Kate, Just checking to see how you are doing on your goals. I am cheering you on and can't wait to celebrate you as a director.
Post a Comment