1 Corinthians 9:18

"What then is my reward? Just this: that in preaching the gospel I may offer it free of charge, and so not make use of my rights in preaching it." NIV


2011 Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Friday, January 5, 2007

Yay for vacation!

So-sorry for the delay in writing. But I'm on vacation, and have gotten out of my normal schedule. Which trust me, is a good thing. :)

So first, to catch up on what has happened. I worked the week after Christmas--which was fine. Most days were about 5 hours of boredom (and nearly chewing off my own arm) followed by a few hours of busy tool shipping. All in all, it wasn't too bad. I sure did get a lot of stuff done, so I'm not complaining.

The Lawrence's showed up on Thursday night, it was fun to see them, the kids have gotten so tall. I don't have any pictures to post because for some reason, I never took one. It didn't even cross my mind.

I had sung in church on Christmas Eve, I sang "Silent Night" by Jaci Velasquez, and "Welcome to our World" by Michael W. Smith, and this past week I got an email from Celia, who is in charge of the special music, and the order of the service at church, and she told me that the guy who currently leads the worship team, Chris, has felt a calling to work with the youth and is planning to leave the worship team, and she asked me to pray about leading the worship team in his place. Wow! I was shocked to be asked. Especially since they've only ever heard me sing, they don't even know what my instrumental abilities are-they haven't even asked. I guess that doesn't really matter though, because there are quite a few instrumentalists on the worship team already. Anyway, I thanked her, and told her that it had actually crossed my mind that I might like to join the worship team at some point, but at this time I don't have the time I would need to devote to it. Until I get Mary Kay going full time, it wouldn't be fair to the church or the others on the worship team for me to join at this time. But I told her that I would certainly keep it in mind, and in my prayers for the future.

Alex left on New Years Eve to head back to New York, he broke the window in my back door trying to open my door. It sticks pretty badly, and the window is right at hip level, and its actually the second time its been broken. So I'm going to put something other than glass in it in hopes that I won't have to be replacing it all the time.

New years eve was great--low key and relaxing, just the way it should be in my opinion. We hung out at my mom's--with the Lawrence's, Mary Ellen and Mae, and Gail, Dan and Laura. Rachel made Lasagne (is that how you spell it?) and then we watched "Joshua" which if you haven't seen it, its a great movie, and then we watched the ball drop. And 5 minutes later we all headed home and/or to bed. What an exciting group huh?

So now, I'm on vacation this week. It is coming to an end but I don't have to go back to work until Tuesday since I don't usually work Monday's anyway. I haven't done much of anything this week, which is how I planned it--since I haven't had a real week of vacation (where I don't have to go anywhere or do anything) in years. So it feels great to hold still for a while. I had a massage and a manicure on Tuesday to help get me in vacation mode--it was great. I have been a little stuffy and sick this week. I think partially from my tree getting so dried out, and partially because I didn't drink enough water after my massage.

Tonight Sarah and Kim are coming over (for the 3rd night in a row) to hang out with Amy and I, we're going to watch "Pride and Prejudice" -the new one, after having pizza with my family. I'm glad that we all like to be together and that we've become such great friends.

No comments: