1 Corinthians 9:18

"What then is my reward? Just this: that in preaching the gospel I may offer it free of charge, and so not make use of my rights in preaching it." NIV


2011 Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Thursday, July 19, 2007

To play catch up...

Okay, I'm going to try to keep this post as concise as possible...because I'm going to get you all caught up in ONE POST! :)

Let's start where I left off...

**Monday June 11th (the day after Laura's graduation), my Director, Lisa, flew in from New Jersey to come to my meeting with me on Monday night. Why? Do you ask? Well, I had 2 NEW TEAM MEMBERS to introduce! And Lisa wanted to be a part of it. Who are they? None other than Laura (yup! my cousin Laura) and Janna (not my sister, a different one). So that was a very exciting night!


**The next few weekends were over taken by "Oliver!" the musical. I played the part of Mrs. Bedwin (she's the lady who works in Mr. Brownlow's house, and is the one who takes care of Oliver at the end)

In this picture, from left to right, Sarah G. (Bet), Silvia (she played Oliver), Me! of course, Standing behind is Daric (he played Bill Sykes), next is David (Fagin), and Julie (Nancy)

I'm glad I did the play, but I did a lot of sitting around during rehearsals, and not much else. So at times that was frustrating, but I kept reminding myself that I signed up for it. No one forced me into it. I did however get a lot of my cross stitch done during this time, so that was good. Especially considering that I haven't worked on it in a while.

The kids in the show were so much fun. And I quickly became known as "Mrs. Bedwin, the boss backstage" because I was always the one telling them to be quiet. Anyone surprised by that? :) We had a great rapport going by the end of the show--they were a fun group.


Click on the cast picture below to see a video of the kids doing one of their favorite songs from the show during the cast party as a send off to our Director, Ron.

**Saturday June 23 was Matt Woolley's wedding! Holy cow! I still can't believe that he is married, its so weird. But it was such a nice wedding, and Lizzie looked absolutely beautiful.

Also, Lissa and Phil had their baby, and I got to see him for the first time at the wedding! He is so cute! He's a spitting image of his father. Its like God took Phil's head and put it on the baby. Its incredible. (But I do think his lips is Lissa, but other than that)

This picture is Andrew, Nicole, myself, Lissa (with baby) and Phil



And then of course we had to have a sister picture. Mom and Dad went too, but we didn't get a picture with them. Matt (my brother) couldn't go because he was in Austin at a swim camp, and Alex was still in Europe.




And then, this is Ann Seavey. She is an AMAZING woman. She is 1/3 of the reason why I graduated from college. (My uncle Jim is another 1/3, and of course I'm the other 1/3) :) But it was so fun to see her at the wedding too!



Click on the picture below to see a video of Matt and Lizzie's 2nd dance together as a married couple. The first dance of course was a beautiful waltz of sorts. But then, in typical Matt fashion...see what they did next.



**The 4th of July was a different sort of day. (I'll get pictures of this up soon, I'm waiting to get copies from a friend) My family abandoned me...again...to go out to Matinicus (but they have a good excuse, they needed to finish the rental cottage) and Grampi was here to help mom out with that. But anyway, I marched in the parade with Freeport Community Players. We did a "drill team" like from the Army, except that we carried drills (because we're always building and dismantling sets). The town was having a contest for the group who did the best job showing their purpose, on a float or whatever in the parade. And we won!!! That was so fun. We won $500 for that. After the parade I went out to lunch with Laura D., Sarah and Matt, and Sarah R. Then Sarah R. and I relaxed at home, and then went up to Sarah and Matt's for a BBQ. And we went down to the high school for the fireworks that night. They were probably among the best fireworks I've ever seen, especially in Freeport.

I took these pictures with my phone!

LLBean is celebrating their 95th birthday, so they footed the bill for the show. It was amazing. And the rain held off just long enough...when we got to our car it had just started to really rain.

**That next weekend, my Leah came to visit me!!! She is one of my dearest friends, and I hadn't seen her in over a year. So it was so nice to see her!! I'm trying to convince her to move back out here (she lives in MN) but I'm not sure that I'm winning that battle. But I'm not willing to give up yet! The night she flew in, we drove down to Nicole and Andrew's house in Methuen, MA to see the whole gang down there. Leah hadn't seen any of them in over a year either. So it was a fun evening. Plus she got to meet Lizzie (Matt's wife) for the first time, and see Nicole's baby and Lissa's baby. How fun! We spent most of the weekend just relaxing and enjoying each others company--it was so great to have her here. She belongs here with me! Now, I just have to continue to convince her of that. :)



**The end of June also marks the end of the Mary Kay year. So, what does that mean? Well, it means that in July is the end of year awards! And I did get some awards :) In Lisa's unit, for the 2007 Seminar Year, I am the Queen of Sales and the Queen of Recruiting! So that was pretty exciting. I received some jewelry from her, and will be getting my rosettes to wear when I go to Seminar next week! :)

Which brings me to that. Yes, I'm heading to Dallas for Mary Kay seminar next week. I can't wait. I'm practically jumping out of my skin to get there--it'll be so much fun. This will be my second year going. Last year I was accompanied by my Aunt Jennifer. We didn't know at the time that ONLY spouses were allowed to go, and we got in just a little bit of trouble when we got there. But they let her stay, which was nice. And I had so much fun with her going. It'll be different without her this year, especially since I have no idea who I am staying with!

Okay, so I think that catches me up to the present. Sorry for all of the information at once...I promise I'll get back on top of my blogging again.

Cheers!

No comments: