1 Corinthians 9:18

"What then is my reward? Just this: that in preaching the gospel I may offer it free of charge, and so not make use of my rights in preaching it." NIV


2011 Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Friday, November 30, 2007

A nice surprise!

So, yesterday (Thursday) I went into work in the morning. Tired--looking forward to Friday already, wanting to finish all of the Christmas Cards (and I did by the way, yay!). And I got a phone call on my personal extension.

Now--generally, when I get a call on my personal extension at 8:30 in the morning, it is an advertiser. Someone calling from a publication to try to get us to spend money on more advertising. It's rare when I get calls through that phone line, usually people just call the 800 number instead. But anyway...I let it ring a few times, considering whether to answer it. I decided that I had better, and I picked up the phone to hear the voice of Tim-who lives here in town. He and his wife own one of the Inn's. I know them from my church in Massachusetts! They moved up here last year for a change of pace (because Massachusetts is a crazy place to live) ha! Tim says to me "Kate, I have someone here who wants to talk to you" I knew immediately who he was about to put on the phone. It was Sue!

Sue was my "Spiritual Mom" in Massachusetts after I graduated from college when I needed a woman who lived local to me to be connected to. Soon after graduating from college-I just felt the need to have a personal connection with someone in the church. I loved my church down there, but it was such a college/seminary church with large people turnovers, that I had found it hard to connect to people there. So, I called Pastor Mark, and told him that I was looking for a "spiritual mom" of sorts, and if he could consider who he thought might be a good fit. He replied immediately "Oh, I don't even need to think about it, I know exactly who to connect you with. You guys will be perfect for each other" and he connected me with Sue. We had never even met. I had never even noticed her before in church. But our connection was instantaneous. We went out for lunch, and sat and talked for a few hours. That was the first of many long conversations. Every time I would go over to their house for dinner, we'd sit for hours after dinner by the fire just talking. It was great. I miss seeing her on a regular basis now. We don't keep in touch as well as I would like to. Sue is probably now about 70 or so. She and her husband Bill have been nothing but wonderful to me.

She was especially great when I had Felicity with me. She had me over for dinner a few times during that time, and Felicity would just sleep while we had dinner--since I didn't really cook much for myself then (no time or energy!)--it was nice to get a home cooked meal, and get out of the house.

So anyway, she and Bill were in town yesterday--and so I was able to go out to lunch with the 4 of them. (Sue, Bill, Tim and his wife Loree) Even though Tim and Loree live in town, I hardly ever see them either. So it was very nice to sit down with them all.

I love little surprises like that!!

I meant to get a picture of the 2 of us together...I brought my camera to lunch and everything, and forgot to take it. Oh well.

No comments: