1 Corinthians 9:18

"What then is my reward? Just this: that in preaching the gospel I may offer it free of charge, and so not make use of my rights in preaching it." NIV


2011 Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Thursday, November 15, 2007

Thanksgiving is coming!

And we are going to NYC! yay!

I'm excited to go down there. I love visiting New York. We'll be spending Thanksgiving with Grampi and Alex this year!

So, if you haven't heard, there is a strike going on on Broadway. I had no idea about it until today when my mom told me about it. Apparently I should watch the news more. :) What does this mean for our trip? Well, we aren't exactly sure yet. If the strike is still going on, then we'll get to see more of Alex! Which of course will be great! But--if that be the case, then we won't get to see his show. So--both have their downsides and upsides. Personally, I'd rather see Alex more. I'm going back down to NYC in December, so I can see his show then. But the rest of my family won't be with me then...so we'll have to see. You can read more about the strike here.

So--we are leaving Maine veerrryyy early on Wednesday morning. Very early is 4:30am. Why? Because my parents are crazy. Just kidding. Really...if the strike ends, and Alex has to go to work that day, then we need to be able to see him beforehand to get a key to his apartment and all of that (Matt and Janna and I are staying with Alex) So, we'll be getting to NY nice and early in the day. Like before lunch.

For those of you who live in NYC (or nearby) I won't get a chance to see you during this trip. We have all family stuff planned. But when I come back down in December--I should have quite a bit of time for visiting if you're willing to come into the city! (Jenn and Crystal, I'm specifically talking to the 2 of you, and Kirsten too if you are going to be there by the weekend before Christmas) So let's make plans for next month!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! We praise and thank God for our freedom, for family, and of course for turkey. :)

1 comment:

Miss President said...

YAY! KATE WILL BE HERE IN DECEMBER!!! WOO HOOOOOOOOO!!!

If you don't have time on that trip, I will BEAT YOU UP!

Happy Thanksgiving, sweetie! :)