1 Corinthians 9:18

"What then is my reward? Just this: that in preaching the gospel I may offer it free of charge, and so not make use of my rights in preaching it." NIV


2011 Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Monday, September 29, 2008

Boston and New Kids on the Block

So, Erin and I spent a day in Boston together.  It was so fun to spend the day together.  We took the train (the Downeaster) from Portland to Boston.  What an enjoyable way to travel to Boston.  We were so glad we didn't have to drive.  Especially when we both slept on the way back.

Anyway, here we are in front of Faneuil Hall.  Note Erin's pose.  For whatever reason, it became our pose of the day.



Behind the Old North Church.  They have this memorial for all the soldiers who have been killed in the Middle East.
They're all blank dog tags.

In front of the Old North Church


The Lenny Zakim Bridge.  Looking from the Old North Church.  It's actually called the "Leonard B. Zakim Memorial Bridge" but locals shorten the name.  I know this, because I used to be a local.  

We spent pretty much the whole day with wet feet.  It rained on and off all day long.

Erin on the Freedom Trail


So yes, Erin and I went to the New Kids on the Block concert.  Why?  Well--we decided quite a few months back that we should go, since we never were allowed to go to their concerts when we were 13 (for good reason probably) but we figured we wanted to experience this!  It was fun...except we learned that the NKOTB fans are nuts!  

First off...they're all nuts.  It's like no time has passed.  They still scream like teenage girls.

Also, many of them still had paraphernalia .  Buttons, tshirts, towels, sheets...all left over from the early 90's.  I can't believe people saved that stuff!

These women, are still in love with this group.  And I mean in love--screaming their names, yelling at them to marry them...things like that.  I'm being completely serious.  Erin and I were like..."wha??"  It was fairly amusing...and sad too.

But--the biggest change...was that since the fans are no longer 15, but 30....they can drink.  So...there was beer everywhere--which meant that it got louder and louder as the night went on.  

So--this is Erin's face that says "Please just kill me now" because the lady behind us was incredibly obnoxious, loud and annoying.  And laughed like the Wicked Witch of the West.
And Erin just started to go down hill...


And apparently I did too...  LOL!

See the full crowds behind us?  The place was packed.

Our seats were nearly behind the stage.  Which meant we had a great view of the crowd--it made for a very entertaining night.

People brought signs...lots of signs.  Here are a few of them




And I leave you with my favorite pic from the whole day.  This guy was in the front row--Erin and I decided he must be their number one fan.  He knew the words to every single song--and screamed along with all of the girls through the whole concert.  It was hilarious!

Overall, the concert (and the day) were very fun.  I will say, that these guys are certainly very talented.  There is no question about that.  But as for whether or not I'll be going to another concert?  Probably not.  But I'm glad I did it this time!

1 comment:

Hannah :) said...

That is too funny... Neat experience! Those signs crack me up!

I really liked seeing that picture of the blank dog tags... haven't seen that yet down there...