1 Corinthians 9:18

"What then is my reward? Just this: that in preaching the gospel I may offer it free of charge, and so not make use of my rights in preaching it." NIV


2011 Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Sunday, December 21, 2008

Radio V

So, 2 weeks ago, I was in the production of Radio V here in Freeport.  It's an old time radio show (like from the 40's and 50's) put on stage.  i.e. you think we're actually doing a radio broadcast.  People actually ask us if we are.  It's been a huge hit every year, and the script and Radio Jingles are written by those of us in the cast.

This is at one of our last rehearsals.  This is the jingle singers group, we sang the commercials.

Me and my friend Bethany.  It was her first year in Radio!



I volunteered to help people with their makeup since many of them have no idea how to do stage makeup.  So here I am, applying blush to the director, John Albright.






At the cast party afterwards.  Sarah and I with John again. 

Along with scripts and radio jingles are songs.  We don't write the songs--we do popular songs from the time.  Sarah and I had the pleasure of singing the Chiquita Banana song this year!

Aren't our costumes great?  We found them ourselves.  On Ebay!  You can find ANYTHING on Ebay.  They were a hit!
So, here is a video of Chiquita Banana, taken on our final dress rehearsal.  Because you don't want to miss this.  We were the hit of the show, and it was such a great way to end my time in Radio before moving to Texas!

Janna did take another video, which was much closer up to us on the second performance.  But it is so close up, that you miss the effect of our movements and that sort of thing.  We needed a happy medium in video, but we don't have one.  So I appologize that this one is so far back.  But it gives you a better idea of the feel of the song.  Enjoy!



2 comments:

Miss President said...

The Chiquita song was fantastic and the costumes were such a find! You should bring it with you to Austin in case you need a costume for a party! :) I'm a bit jealous, actually!

I would have loved that kind of show. What fun!!

Unknown said...

I looks like it was very fun to do we did something similar for the holidays titled "Scrooge" Check it our when you have a chance.