So, the time has come. Here I go, I'm off to Texas. This is weird. It just is. No amount of planning or preparation could really get me ready for this I don't think.
How do I feel? At peace, calm, a little nervous about the major life change that is about to take place, and excited about opportunities that lie ahead. Sad to be leaving my family--pretty emotional as I type this, but overall as I mentioned, an overwhelming peace.
Today was strange, as the the moving truck was so skillfully packed by many of the men and women in my life that I love so dearly. My parents, Grammy and Dick, Dan Nimick, Nola, and Marc and Andrew (from Timberwolf Tools) all helped to organize and load my stuff into the truck. So...I may have underestimated by a bit the size of truck I needed...but not by much, and the things that I couldn't end up taking are things that either Trish or Erin wanted anyway. So it all worked out. I have the things that mean the most to me.
But it is so weird seeing that house empty. In a matter of 2 hours, it went from piles of boxes, to empty. But, it also seems right. Like the ending of an era, and the start of something new.
I do plan to move back to Maine at somepoint. I know I won't be able to stay away, but I am excited about what may lie ahead in Texas.
I'll blog from the road just to let everyone know collectively that I'm safe and where I'm at. So, keep checking it this week. Also, feel free to call at any point too--it'll be nice to hear familiar voices on the road!
As for pictures from this past weeks trip? They'll have to wait. I'm sorry, but I just didn't have time to get them up. They're going to be seriously delayed....



1 comment:
Drive safely! I'm so excited for you!
Post a Comment