1 Corinthians 9:18

"What then is my reward? Just this: that in preaching the gospel I may offer it free of charge, and so not make use of my rights in preaching it." NIV


2011 Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter-an early morning, and a hike

So, first I need to backtrack to Friday. Cameron and I went for a hike/walk at McKinney Falls State Park. It was great, what a beautiful place! We walked a loop which took about an hour. It was really nice. So here are some of the things we saw along the way. I learned all new stuff about cactus and snakes, as I quizzed Cameron the whole way--since I know nothing about either of these things. :)



Apparently it isn't so much the large needles you need to worry about. It's the cluster of microscopic teeny tiny ones that'll really hurt.
So pretty!

This was at the beginning of our walk.

I guess either this is a waterfall, or there is one in this vicinity when the water is higher, but the water table is so low right now, that there are no falls. But, this seems like a fun place to just go and sit.

More bluebonnets. They're just so pretty!

On our walk we encountered a family of deer. We were not even 30 feet from them, and they did not care that we were there.

A cardinal I think?

Saturday night, after I got home from laser tag (and after I recorded the vlog that I posted last night) I went into my bathroom to wash my face to go to bed, and found this waiting for me! My very first Texas-style Easter basket! Darlene is so incredibly sweet and had asked me earlier in the day if my mom still gives me an Easter basket. I told her that yes, we still get Easter baskets and stockings from her, until we're married anyway. Little did I know, she was planning to get me one since I'm away from home. What a sweetie! And in case you didn't notice, it's in a cowboy hat! (which is what makes it Texas-style)

So, this is this morning, at the sunrise service. It was raining like crazy, so we had to move the service from the outside porch, to the living room. It went really well. Cameron asked me for my camera so he could take pictures, and he snapped a few and a short video which is posted below. He caught me with my pick in my mouth in this shot. ha!

So, this is a short little video of part of the worship service. Robert is Darlene's uncle-playing the banjo. There were easily 50 people there-which is what they expected. Overall I was very pleased with how the whole thing went.

Oh, and I've been officially adopted into the "Moore" family (which is the family name of these people) More than one of them told me that they expect to see me at the summer family reunion. They're a great group, and I really enjoy being with them. So I might just show up! :)


And here is a recording that I did this afternoon of I Will Rise, which I sang during communion--but it didn't get recorded, so I thought you might all want to hear it too!


So, after the service was over...it was about 9:00 in the morning only...we (Cameron and I) ended up going to Wal-Mart to go grocery shopping-and then back to Darlene's to hang out for a while. We hadn't been sure earlier in the week if the family was going to do anything for dinner--or if we might get an invite to do something, so we hadn't been very proactive about making plans for ourself. Which left us with no plans...probably next time we'll make sure we have plans...since neither of us like being without plans.

So, we came back here--watched a movie (Dumb and Dumber--great Easter flick, right?) and had chicken, ravioli and veggies for our Easter lunch. By the time 1pm rolled around-we were both feeling as though it should actually be 4pm and were both exhausted. So Cameron headed home at that point. I've been relaxing and working on my computer and a few projects this afternoon which has been both very productive and very relaxing. I never made it outside except to sit on the deck for a bit--I was hoping to at least make it out for a walk. It is beautiful outside right now. But it just never happened. Oh well.

So all in all, it's been a great Easter. Odd--not being home. This is my first Easter that I haven't been home. I've never missed one with the family before. Alex and Matt were together in NYC (long story why Matt is in NYC if you haven't heard it already call him, Alex or Mom--they'll fill you in) and Janna was the lone ranger at home. But apparently they went out to dinner with Dan, Gail and Laura at the Kennebunkport Inn. I'm jealous :)

Anyway, I hope everyone had a very happy Easter!!
8 days until Mom, Alex and Janna land in Austin!!!!!!!!!

No comments: