1 Corinthians 9:18

"What then is my reward? Just this: that in preaching the gospel I may offer it free of charge, and so not make use of my rights in preaching it." NIV


2011 Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Friday, February 12, 2010

Dress fitting

So, yesterday I had another dress fitting. It was supposed to be my final one. Judy went with me again.

We put the dress on, and it still doesn't fit! So the lady altering it is taking in the bodice, I think almost 2 inches!

Inside the dress there is this thing that the lady at the dress shop called a 'seatbelt' it's an elastic belt which is meant to take a lot of the weight of the dress off my shoulders and put it in my midsection. It works really well. But the last 2 times I've put the dress on, I feel like that is the only thing holding the dress on!

So anyway, she's fixing the dress, and either today or Monday I'm going back by to try it on one more time and hopefully pick it up to ship it up to Maine this coming week. When I get home in March, Trish is picking me up from the airport and is going to help me try on the dress first thing upon arriving in Freeport to see if it'll need more altering. Hopefully it won't, but I'm prepared for it to need it. ha!

Today Tres and I are going shopping. Now, I think most women would be very excited, it tends to be a favorite past time of most women. Not me. But it is a good thing we're going shopping for today. We're going for our cruise! Mostly for clothes for Tres. He actually needs dinner clothes, because you have to dress up on cruises if you didn't know that. So he needs a few jackets, khaki's, dress shirts, etc. I still need to find a dress to change into after the reception, which will also be the dress I wear at the Texas reception. So we're going to look for that too.

Then tonight, we have our small group (Lifegroup). We haven't had it in 2 weeks because last Friday was a Daddy/Daughter dance, so we canceled Lifegroup so the dads in the group could go to that. But I'm very excited that we're meeting again tonight. We're really getting close as a group, I love meeting with them.

So anyway, that's the latest. Sorry it's not very exciting, but my life is currently wrapped up in wedding and getting ready for that. Currently I'm finalizing all the gifts I need to buy for people--it's really fun for me to figure out what each person will like and that sort of thing. I love giving gifts :)

No comments: