So, I am getting around to posting some of the pictures from Christmas at home in Maine!
Alex got Matt, Janna, Laura and I sweatshirts. Here are Janna and Matt's. Mine says Avon Sucks, and Laura's says 'Eightbelles" (If you've forgotten Eightbelles is the horse that had to be shot on the track after it broke its leg coming out of the starting gate...LOL. Alex has called Laura that ever since)
Christmas at home was wonderful, and I was so glad I got to be there this year. It's the last year that Christmas will be the way it's always been. Next year is going to be the start of all new traditions, plans, celebrations. So it was so nice to be home with my family. Although in the midst of being home and amongst loved ones, I was missing Tres terribly. It was so difficult to be away from him. So I was very eager to get back to Texas. And what came along the morning I was flying back? A Nor'easter of course. I took a way early bus from Portland to Boston. the 4am I think. Our bus was delayed getting to Logan because of snow plows on the highway. I just barely made it to the airport in time to board my plane. My plane was announcing it's final boarding call as I was picking up a tea from Starbucks (I figured I had more time than I did!) We got on the plane, and sat there for an hour, maybe a bit more. I was getting more and more nervous that our flight would be cancelled due to the increasing snow.
We had to wait to be de-iced. The pictures below are of the planes next to us being de-iced. Waiting for our turn!


Finally we got de-iced and made it off the ground. I was so relieved. However, due to the delay in taking off, when we landed in Dallas, I just barely missed my flight to Austin. By the time I made it to the gate, they had just shut the door (I wasn't the only one who missed it either) and they couldn't let us on even though the plane was still there. But we got re-booked on the next flight which left in an hour, so I was only an hour late getting to Austin. But I was so relieved to be back with Tres. It was like being able to breathe again.
When I got home, I was greeted with open arms by all of the Sansom family! They were all here. Both of Tres' siblings and their children. It was so nice to see them all! So once I had a shower and changed my clothes we did the Christmas tree here. Now, at home in Maine, we take our time with the tree. We watch what everyone opens, and it's a relaxing, enjoyable experience. Here....it's the craziest thing I've every experienced! Everyone goes at once, and you keep getting presents piled in front of you--you can't even keep up! Once everyone was done opening, we did go around and share what we'd opened. So that was good at least. But it was such a frantic time. LOL. Joe agrees (he's Tres' sisters husband). He thinks we should take our time, which is what I think. So...maybe now with 2 of us, we can start to convince them to slow down a little. Joe's been trying for years to slow them down to no avail. So, I'm not holding my breath :) But it was fun. And really nice to be a part of the Sansom Christmas! I was glad I was here for it!











No comments:
Post a Comment