So, finally they've started leveling out our front yard a little more. We've known for a while that the front yard (and back yard too) would be nice, but we are beyond pleased with how nice it is turning out! Much nicer than we even imagined. What a great piece of property!
So, because they're finally leveling out the front yard, I can show you the house from a new angle, and show you the yard and our view from the house too.
You can see our septic at the bottom of this photo. This is looking toward the front door in case you couldn't figure that out. You can barely see one of the posts at the front door.
Panned to the left.
One of our many great trees in the front. (and yes, the tree we all want to save is still there in the background! We're keeping it. Ira wants to cut it down, but the other 3 of us want to keep it. Majority rules!)
Panned to the left again. One of the fields going down from the septic. As of yesterday there were 2, and I suppose they may dig a few more. We'll see. I didn't get a picture of the 2 yet, so this is from the other day


This is looking up along the right side of the house to the back (now that the huge dirt pile is gone, I can give you a better view!)


Standing up near the garage, and looking to the right side of the house to the next guys property (he's started building now too) If you look really closely, you can see a string line of our property line in the trees.
Panned to the right a little. Look at all of our great trees!

and again to the right. That monstrosity across the street is unfortunate, at least I think. Granted, it isn't my style. I could learn to like it a bit more if it weren't that awful color. We call it 'baby poop brown'. LOL. Their driveway is like a mountain. It's just about straight up. I don't know what they're going to do in the winter when it ices. Or even when it is wet. It will be hard to get up and down. Anyway, the nice thing about their driveway is that it has given me a high vantage point to take pics of our house with. I've taken many of the full house photos from that driveway so you all could see it better :)

Meanwhile, last week, they got the frames in for the pocket doors in our room. This is the bathroom...


In an earlier post I mentioned that deer are as common as squirrels around here. Well, here's more proof that we see them all over. This is just up the hill from our house. As I was driving in the other day, I came across a "play date" taking place. 4 babies on one side of the street, and the moms were on the other side. It looks like they're socializing! So cute!



Anyway, the sheet rock is going up fast and furious. We're assuming it should be done today. So once it is done I'll take a bunch more pictures and post them! As of yesterday, probably 75% of it was completed! The ceilings went up first. It is so cool to see the rooms coming together!




No comments:
Post a Comment