1 Corinthians 9:18

"What then is my reward? Just this: that in preaching the gospel I may offer it free of charge, and so not make use of my rights in preaching it." NIV


2011 Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Boat rides and Mary Kay


First off, here is our mailbox finished!  On the right there is a planter.


In the back, a place for packages.

So, while Janna was here Tres and I decided to take her on the boat since we live right on a lake.  Tres and I actually had never been on the boat alone before, but we were pretty confident in our ability to do it without help.  It actually went pretty well.  Especially since Tres sat right beside me and helped me navigate and told me what to do and stuff.

Janna Bug!


So, the next day we went out on the boat again.  This time we took Morgan with us too!  We took the girls out to swim and just to enjoy the GORGEOUS day.


Janna and Morgan

Morgan

So, it's way too much to write, but we actually had a boat incident that day.  In short, everyone was ok.  The boat was a little hurt.  See, if you look back up and see, it's a pontoon boat.  Meaning its flat.  Meaning it doesn't handle wake very well.  Tres had instructed me to go slow over wakes.  I did.  But one boat went flying by us so fast and the momentum got going...and the front right side of the boat went underwater....and pulled the boat up out of the water in the back.  We all got thrown foward, Tres almost fell overboard (no joke) because we unstrap him from his chair in the boat so it doesn't sink him in the event of going overboard, and his chair got so soaked that it didn't work the rest of the night.  It was quite the afternoon.  We were pretty shaken.  But we're going to get the boat fixed (if you scroll back up to the pics of Janna, you'll see fiberglass cover on the railing, that's what got hurt on one corner) and we'll be back out on the lake before you know it.

And then the day after that was when Janna had to go home.  sad :(  I didn't want her to leave.  And believe it or not, she didn't want to leave!

So this past weekend, Tres and I went to Mary Kay Seminar!  It was his first experience as a Mary Kay husband!  He learned a lot, I learned a lot, and we had a great time.  This is us with my director, Lisa.


Lisa and I with our Future National Sales Director, Maryann.  2012 is her goal!

Tres and I on awards night.  See how tan I am from being on the boat those 2 days?

Maryann on stage

Tres and Lisa and I

Lisa and I take this pic every year.  LOL

I even had my name on my seat!  I was very special this year :)

So I'm in the process of booking a 10 show week!  It's going to be in 2 weeks.  I already have about 1/2 of them booked.  It's going to be a very long, very fun, very business growing week.  I can't wait!

Post about the house will be in the next few days.  I'll post more pics.  Tile was started today, and painting the walls was started today too!  It'll be a big couple of days!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I'm so glad you all are ok!