Alright, another house update! The retaining wall alongside our driveway has been built. Thats the ugly house across the street. So, our house is currently on my left. I'm standing up at Ira and Judy's door into their apartment.
Alright, so on to painting. The painter wanted us to write the paint colors on masking tape and stick them to the walls. Most of the rooms are all a single color (not the same color, but the entire room is one single color) but some of the rooms have an accent wall...so although he had a description written out, he wanted it on the walls to make sure. So we went around and put tape like this in each room, and in some cases on each wall.

And at the same time, the tiling began! So the painter and tilers have been working around each other.

So, the only things left to be painted is our entire master suite, and the front bathroom. Everything else is done, except for an accent wall in the kitchen, and the entryway to our bedroom. The color for those 2 places is temporarily unavailable. I guess it's an industry wide issue, something about whatever they put in dark colors to keep the color, something is wrong with that additive. So our painter is working out how to get that color for us. We may have to wait a few more weeks. We'll see.
As of yesterday, all of the tiling was done except for our office which will hopefully be done today.
Meanwhile, we've picked out our granite (we're just waiting on a cost estimate to make sure we don't have to pick something else), sinks, kitchen faucet, bathroom tiles and back splashes in the bathrooms and kitchen, lights, and door handles. All of those things will be ordered this week by our builder and installed in the coming weeks. Our cabinets should be showing up this week too! So that's exciting. Lots of big things happening!
In other news: Tres is going to be my new assistant for Mary Kay. Laura Hall was my assistant for a long time when I lived in Maine. She helped me with organizing inventory, a lot of computer entry work, and preparing hostess packets. Well, one of the things that Tres gleaned from Seminar was that he should be doing whatever he can to help me. A few of the husbands at the training he went to were talking about helping out around the house. Cooking, cleaning, doing laundry, etc. And of course as he says "I can't do those things for you" so we talked about what he can do for me. The thing that I'm the worst at, and that he is great at? Tracking. He is going to help me track what I do. Faces, classes, MONEY, etc. He's also learning my computer programs where I do invoicing and expense and customer tracking.
So, as we were discussing how to move forward, I told him that the first thing he needed was at least a basic understanding of product knowledge. So, to learn that? He requested a facial. So the other day, we sat down and did a facial! No makeup of course, there is no way I'm putting any kind of makeup on my husband. Way too weird. But we did do the skin care. (he requested this headband since I had bought them at seminar to use at facials and skin care classes. He decided he needed to wear one too. lol)


Also, this weekend. I got to go to San Antonio to visit my friend Jen for a night. It was so fun to have a girls night. We went out to dinner, talked for hours, slept in Saturday morning, went to breakfast/lunch at Cracker Barrel, and then headed to Fredericksburg to go to a vineyard to do a wine tasting. We went to Grape Creek Vineyards. It was so beautiful! We were only supposed to be allowed to taste 6 wines, but the lady who was serving us let us try a few others too. :) This place was so beautiful, Tres and I want to go back sometime. It was so fun to get to spend some girl time though.









2 comments:
I think the best part of this post is Tres getting a MK facial while wearing a tee shirt that says "awkward." LOL. What a good sport! The headband is a classic touch! Nice that he wants to help with the thing he's better at and likes more than you do, you guys seem like such a great team!! :)
Im completely jealous of both you and "your friend Jen" for being able to have girl time together!!!!! YAY!! Friend connections are the greatest.
I love reading your life and home updates!
Here's a kiss from me,
Hannah-Girl
Post a Comment