1 Corinthians 9:18

"What then is my reward? Just this: that in preaching the gospel I may offer it free of charge, and so not make use of my rights in preaching it." NIV


2011 Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Thursday, June 26, 2008

7 days, 20 hours, 55 minutes

The time is drawing near. I'm starting to get really super excited to go down to Austin. As if I wasn't already excited...just, the anticipation is building now.

Right now, I'm preparing to go--all of my Mary Kay customers are being reminded to place any 'summertime' orders that they need...since I'm going to be gone the majority of July--I won't get orders out to anyone until nearly the 1st of August. So--this week, I'm filling orders, making my packing list (2-1/2 weeks is a long time to pack for! Especially when you have to pack bedding, and wedding related items) So, if you're one of my customers and you haven't checked you stock of Mary Kay things...you'd better do so. I don't want you to run out while I'm away! I won't be able to help you, which would be bad.

So--what else?

A new bible study has started at church. It's a long story, but way back in February or March we started a new 20-somethings group at church. It got really big really fast, and the age range was too great (19-29) and the older ones were starting to get frustrated.

This group was started under the understanding that it would be self led, which is fine, except that the youngers ones (college age) are not capable of self leading at this time in their lives. They really need leadership. So, I found myself (and a few other older ones) jumping in to take over the leadership which was not working well because we had not been asked to lead this group. It just wasn't going well.

Finally I called the pastor of small groups and explained to him that either we were going to split the group right away, or he was going to loose all of the older "Career" aged ones in the group. He agreed and said it was fine for us to split. So we did!

We had our first meeting this week--just the "Career" group. It was so nice. A very different dynamic, but I think it is going to go very well.

Not only did we split by age, but we also split into girls/guys groups. Which is totally separate from the career/college groups.

So I'm essentially leading this girls group, which I'm super excited about. It's sort of going to be a group thing, but because I'm the eldest, I'm basically leading it--or at least facilitating it. We're going to be reading the book "Authentic Beauty" by Leslie Ludy. It's supposed to be an amazing book and we're excited to read it.

Not to mention, I have LOTS to say about femininity, and being a women, and the strength and power in that (positive strength and power) I blogged about it a lot on my ministry blog. And I'm sure once we get going with this girls group, I'll have a lot more to say about it too.

So anyway, true to form--I have lots going on. But I think I have a good balance right now, it feels good to be doing the things that I'm doing. :)

No comments: