1 Corinthians 9:18

"What then is my reward? Just this: that in preaching the gospel I may offer it free of charge, and so not make use of my rights in preaching it." NIV


2011 Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Mother's Day Surprise

So I know I'm way late in blogging. I think once I get settled in my own home, I'll do a much better job keeping up with it. I hope.

Anyway, Mother's Day weekend Rachel flew me to Rhode Island to surprise my family!! Not only was it Mother's Day, but Brendan was having his first communion, and it was his birthday!

So, I flew in late Friday night. My family was staying at a hotel, so they didn't know I had arrived. Well, not entirely true. My siblings knew I was coming, but my grandparents and parents did not.

I stayed at Rachel and Jim's that night, Grampi was there too. And he was so surprised to see me! He was also half awake the first time he saw me, so it took him a moment to register that he was in fact looking at me. ha ha.

So Saturday morning we headed over to the church, and I had sent a card along ahead to my mother via Rachel, who passed it on to Janna, who gave it to mom. To make it appear as though Janna had brought it home from Texas after they visited me. The card basically said how she's the perfect mother and I wrote inside that they only was it could be more perfect would be if I were there too. We tried to time it so that I would walk into the church just after she read it. I think my walking in was delayed by a few minutes. But I walked in from the back, and went up just in front of the pew they were all sitting in. And everyone's jaws dropped, at basically the same time. I wish I had it on video. They were so surprised! So much so, that my dad ended up crying--he was so happy we were all together :)

So--here is the total family picture! All of us together! From left to right, back to front. Grampi, Dad, Mom, Janna, Grampy Dick, Grammy Penny, me, Rachel, Jim, Meaghan, Brendan, Matt, Aidan, Alex and Ryan.


Then, we wanted a Libby family photo too. So this is one of many

And, one of many sibling photo's too. We really got some great ones--and it didn't take all that long considering. Normally it takes forever to get just one great picture--usually because the boys aren't cooperating. :)

So, later that night we celebrated Brendan's birthday too! It was quite the day, especially for Brendie.

Then Sunday was Mother's Day! We had our traditional crabmeat sandwiches (yuk) and margarita's (yum). In case you missed that, I am not a fan of crabmeat. But everyone else is (except for Janna)

But the boys did some amazing grilling too--so there was plenty of food. I can hardly believe Ryan is old enough to be grilling. That is such a grown man thing to do. Can he really be that old now? It's scary...

Matt and Janna

Janna and Alex and I

Also, on Saturday: Dad and I had an opportunity to go on a motorcycle date--which was way overdue. We were supposed to do it last year, before it snowed---trying to get it in before I moved to Texas. But it never happened, and obviously I moved in the winter. So I was so glad we got to do it! Especially since now (as most people know I think now) Dad's motorcycle riding days are over for good now. He got into an accident this past Friday (May 22). Basically we think (and he thinks) that he's lucky to be alive--and so he's hanging up his helmet for good. It's sad for him, because he LOVES riding his motorcycle. But it definitely is a good idea, as we'd rather have him with us if we have the choice.

Anyway, I was on a plane Sunday afternoon back to Austin. The trip was very short, but oh so worth it. And I'm forever grateful to Rachel for flying me there!!!!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Aw! I'm so glad you wre able to surprise your family and you had a good time up there!

Miss President said...

I'm so glad you had a great trip home... and sad that it took me this long to read about it!
How is your dad??? What happened?? I'm sorry I'm so out of the loop! Email me and let me know what's up and how you are and everything...
xoxo