1 Corinthians 9:18

"What then is my reward? Just this: that in preaching the gospel I may offer it free of charge, and so not make use of my rights in preaching it." NIV


2011 Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Saturday, January 30, 2010

42...er...41 days!

So as I'm starting to type, it is 42 days until I become Mrs. Sansom. But by the time I finish--or at least by the time anyone reads this, it will be 41 days :)

So, here are a few updates:

Judy and I had our 'girls date' the other night, and it was really fun. It was so nice to get to spend some time with her. Really, it occurred to me that even though I've been officially living here since November (and unofficially since the end of the summer) that we really haven't spent any time alone, just the two of us. So it was so nice to get some girl time. Of course I pretty much chatted her ear off almost the entire time, which was usually prompted by a question or comment on her part. But we had some great discussions and talked about all sorts of things. It was wonderful.

We first (after a stop at the post office) had to go to the Bridal salon to pick up my veil, shoes and headpiece. And then we had to go to my alteration appointment.

We got to the ladies house a 1/2 hour early, so we sat outside until the appointment time. When we went in we had to wait a bit in the living room because she was running behind and there was another bride in the fitting room. But soon enough the two of us were in the room, and I was stripping off my clothes to put my gown on.

Now, the last time I put my gown on, it was New Year's Eve in Maine. Which wasn't all that long ago. The last time I put the gown on, it fit pretty well, except for the straps were too long. Well, this time we got it on, and the entire top of the bodice felt too big. I've lost weight. And although Tres and I have been *trying* to be on a diet (no sugar), we haven't been completely faithful to it. Well, we've actually done pretty well, but as I said, haven't been completely faithful. Anyway, I never expected that the dress would have gotten so big. Because sure I've been trying to loose some weight. But I also haven't tried all that hard. So this makes me think that weight loss will probably continue without much effort on my part. Apparently this happens when you're about to get married?

Anyway, the lady is taking the dress in a bit, but when I go back in 2 weeks again, I bet it'll be too big. But even if it is, I'm just going to ship it to Maine because there is no point in having it taken in 2 more times. When I get to Maine the week before my wedding, I'm going straight to a seamstress to get the dress taken in again if need be.

After the alteration appointment, we went out for a nice Tex-Mex dinner. It was a really fun night. On our way home, both men called us, within about 5 minutes of each other to find out when we would be home. LOL. They were missing us, but hadn't bothered to check in with each other to see if we'd talked to either of them. It was pretty funny.

In other news, I had my first week with Dessie this week. (Dessie is Lisa's mom that I mentioned in an earlier blog) It is going great so far. I am really really enjoying being there everyday, and cooking and cleaning and helping her out. Dessie is such a joy to be around. And she loves to chit chat, especially about God's faithfulness and her family. I love it. And she loves to hear all about Tres, and always has questions about him and all sorts of things. I love it. We've had some great conversations this week.

Charlie, her husband with Alzheimer's, is really doing fairly well considering. He's at the point where you basically have to give him one instruction at a time, and explain things simply to him. But otherwise he's pretty functional. He does answer the phone and then can't tell you who it was, but he's a huge help in the kitchen. Especially when it comes to cleaning up. He hovers all around me, and makes comments about what I'm doing (which could be annoying, but it isn't. I love it) and as soon as I'm done with a dish, he swipes it off the counter and straight to the sink to wash it. I've had to be quick a few times to try to keep something that I still need. But I'm trying to keep him busy with little tasks he can do for me, like washing vegetables and fruit, flipping burgers, etc. He's actually a very big help.

And apparently there is another family in church who needs similar help. So tomorrow I guess I'm getting introduced to someone who can connect me with this family--if they still need help. so we'll see. I might end up with one more family to do! Which would be great.

What else can I tell you all? Um, the house plans are coming along nicely! They have changed slightly since I last posted them, but that was to be expected. Once I'm sure they won't be changing again, I'll post them again. Basically it's pretty much the same, just there isn't a hallway to the Master bedroom anymore. The entrance to that is straight from the living room. And so a few other little things, like closets and Tres' room moved to accommodate that change. But everything is still in the plan. Ira and Judy are going to the bank on Monday to get the final loan approval, and then we have to get the plans approved by a few local agencies. But Tres thinks we'll be breaking ground in about 3 weeks!!!

Um, I'm sure there are other things I'm forgetting....but for now, I'm going to bed. Church in the morning. Have to be there at 8.

No comments: