First and foremost, we love being married. We are just in awe of what God has created in marriage. We love every moment of it. And we're about to celebrate 6 whole months! :)
Tres is busy working at the camp. Summer is over at the camp (thank goodness) and so we're back into a somewhat simpler schedule. Tres has chapel every day at 8:00am with the staff. He leads them in a devotion or scripture, or sometimes they read a book all together so it's a chapter discussion. It just depends on what he decides they're going to do.
(side note: Being off the summer schedule means we actually get to see Ira and Judy on a semi-regular basis too which is so nice!)
He also has been working on various brochures for his mom for the camp (she's his boss).
The regular youth year is about to start up (unlike camp, youth in the summer is way easy) So I believe this week is a kick off party for the school year, and next week he starts back into curriculum with them. That's every Wednesday night that he does that. Laura, our niece who lives with us all, is part of the youth group too, so she's with Tres every Wednesday. I go occasionally. It sort of depends on the week. In the summer I went more often, but I probably won't be around a lot during the year. I'll get to that in a moment.
Tres also is the Life Groups Pastor at church and our Life Groups start up this Sunday. So Tres has been busy creating a brochure highlighting the groups being offered, and fielding LOTS of phone calls and emails from people who want him to do various things for them for their groups. It's been both funny and a good learning experience for Tres. Funny because of some of the things people ask him about, or ask him to do...you have to wonder why they think that's his job.... and a good learning experience because he's becoming aware of all sorts of needs in the church. He and I decided to lead a Life Group this year too, and we're very excited about it. We went back and forth about starting up this session since our house isn't yet finished, but decided that maybe others would be willing to host until our house is done. And sure enough! We asked people that we wanted to spend more time with and get to know better if they'd like to be in our group. So a bunch of them said yes (and our group is open to anyone else who wants to join it) and so we'll be house hopping for a while until our house is done and we're settled in it. But we'll still lead. Well, primarily Tres will lead. That will be on Tuesday nights.
We've also been invited to join the Life Group of our good friend, and pastor, Greg. This takes place on Monday nights. So we may not go every week, but we'll go when we can.
Now for me, I'm still working with Tracy on Tuesdays and Thursdays. I really enjoy that. She's such a sweetie and so funny. Last Thursday I took her to see the new Nanny McPhee. I knew she'd like the movie since it had animals in it, but she wasn't so sure at first. But once she got into the movie she really liked it a lot. It was a great activity for a hot day. And a very cute movie if you haven't seen it.
I'm holding more regular Mary Kay appointments thanks to my 10 show week last week. And I'm attempting another 10 shows in September (not in one week, but in 2!) before the 16th. Since on the 16th we're flying to Maine!!!! hurray! One of my best friends, Kim Ironside, is getting married in Massachusetts on my birthday (the 18th) What a great birthday present for me! I'm so excited for her! So Ira, Judy, Tres and I are getting on a plane to Portland on the 16th. From there, Tres and I will head south to Massachusetts for a few days, and Ira and Judy will go with my parents to Matinicus. Then, after the wedding, Tres and I will join them on the island. I cannot wait!
I'm still on the worship team at church, and practice for that is on Thursday nights and Sunday mornings. I have yet to make it to a Thursday night rehearsal (they've only been on that night for a few weeks) but my goal is to make it this coming week. ha! I love being on the worship team, and I'm getting more and more confident all the time on the guitar. Learning more and more chords. Everyone is so patient and encouraging to me on it. And all the guitarists are always trying to help me learn new fingerings and stuff. It's great.
I'm also coordinating a concert event in October at church for a couple who I guess are semi-known, at least among indie artists. Andy Gullahorn and Jill Phillips. They're a married couple from Tennessee. They played at the church last year, before my time, and are coming back. So guess who got recruited to be the coordinator of the whole thing. :) I'm thrilled of course. I love doing this stuff. So anyway, we had our first meeting today with everyone who is volunteering to put this thing together, and I think we're off to a great start! Here's a video of them performing together. I think we're in for a treat!
I was also going to do a women's bible study at church. I very badly wanted to do it. It was 3 hours on Monday mornings, plus 45 minutes of homework a day during the week. They had me helping with music too. But because of the time requirements, after talking to Tres about it all too, we decided (well, I decided and he agreed) that it probably was going to max me out in terms of time. I really want to be able to do it, but I think I'm getting to the end of my rope especially with getting ready to move in about a month. So I had to back out of that sadly. I may still go and help with just the music portion, and then leave. We'll see. I told them I can't make any promises yet...there's just so much else going on.
And last but not least, at my request, we changed Tres' shower program back to mornings instead of nights. Before we got married, they always did it in the morning. But when we got married, I requested that we change it to nights. I had concerns about waking up at 4:30 every day for some odd reason, you know? So we've been waking up at about 5:30 every day to stretch on his legs and get dressed--and in his chair by 7, but then having to start the shower program around 8pm, in order to be in bed by 9:30 or 10. And although I was glad not to be waking up at 4:30, and it took quite a bit of adjusting on both our parts to this new schedule. We were finding that having to do the shower program at night is cramping our style. Especially as my Mary Kay business picks up (lots of people like to have parties in the evenings) and we just didn't want to keep asking his parents to fill in at night when I couldn't be there. I just don't think that is fair. Especially once we move into the house (they're not moving with us initially) So anyway, as of this past Saturday, we've changed everything back to morning. So far it's been great. Really. It's not a big deal to get up at 4:30. Well, that's easy for me to say. Tres is the one who has to wake me up and make me get out of bed. LOL. But so far, once I'm up, it doesn't feel any different than 5:30 did. And he's in his chair between 6:30 and 7, so the same time as before. And the night time routine is a whole lot quicker and easier. It's amazing to me how much simpler it is to do it all in the morning. Since getting married, I've been getting up at 4 every day anyway to give him his pills. Well, they're on the table next to me. I reach over and get them, put them in his mouth and give him water and go back to sleep for an hour. So now, instead of going back to sleep. I work on waking up. Rather, Tres works on waking me up. LOL. But so far, we're both much happier with this system. It means we can hang out with our friends without having to run home at night, and it means we get into bed earlier because we're still starting the bed process between 8 and 8:30. So we're sleeping by 9 instead of 10. So we're getting the same number of hours of sleep.
So anyway....all that above, is the reason why I'm not regularly going to youth on Wednesday nights. Wednesday nights are my only free night aside from the weekend! (because Friday nights will be my regularly offered Mary Kay night for parties)
phew!
Now you're caught up on our crazy busy lives. We wouldn't have it any other way though. We're surrounded by loved ones and friends. We have a beautiful house that we're about to move into. We have a fantastic church that is like none other. We are so blessed. And we know it.
Oh, in other news. I found out that I'm allergic to fire ants. Who knew? I mean, I'm sure everyone is to a point. But I got bit by one 2 days ago on my second toe. It swelled up to nearly the size of my big toe, and 1/2 my foot was red for almost these 2 days. Yesterday, I felt miserable. Maybe had something to do with the Benedryl (I slept for 4 hours in the middle of the day because of it). Today, thankfully, it's been much better. Still a little itchy, but way better. But geesh. Avoiding the fire ants in the future. I can't imagine what would have happened if I'd gotten bit by two. Or more! Don't want to find out.



No comments:
Post a Comment