So...we have no internet. We've had no internet for weeks at our house! So hence the delay in this posting. I've been trying to do it for the last week. Finally, I've gone up camp and am currently sitting at a picnic table at the dining hall (outside as the sun is setting and the weather is PERFECT) to do all my internet stuff and blogging. Not sure when we'll have it back at the house again, so please bear with me if it takes me a bit to do another post. But I'll do my best! I know you're all waiting to see.
So anyway.....here's the house update!
When we were gone in Maine, they put in the counters! They're GORGEOUS!
the island
Ira and Judy's kitchenette
the front door finally came in! It has sides to it too, etched glass and stuff. I just don't have a picture of it yet. The door will be stained, hopefully this coming week. I'll take another picture when it's done.
the front bathroom (the guest bathroom when you all come and visit) :)
my bathtub :)
living room book cases all finished!
with the backsplash!
my vanity in our bedroom
Alright, so more house stuff later when I take more pictures.
Next on to Kim Ironside's wedding. Kim is one of my best friends from college. And I was so excited to be going to her wedding! It was in a very historic church in Newburyport, Massachusetts. The Old South Church. Tres was beyond mesmerized by the church. Not that I wasn't, but you know, you get used to walking into old churches...and forget how cool it is to be in them.
The nervous groom. Kevin Verrier is his name. Tres was pretty sure he was going to pass out. He looked so white at first. But he got some color back as the ceremony progressed. LOL
Kim and her dad!
she grabbed his face. It was quite the kiss. Made us all laugh. lol
So, I cried like a baby when they walked down the aisle. Tears of happiness for Kim. I'm so happy for her. Tres was like "are you happy for Kim? Is that why you're crying?"
And of course, loved seeing all my friends. Lizzie Woolley, me, Kim, Nicole Ziegler and Lissa Whitley.
And all of us together. Matt and Lizzie Woolley, Tres and I, Kim and Kevin, Andrew and Nicole Ziegler and Lissa and Phil Whitley. It was so fun to see them all. And it's so fun that all of us are married now! All the college friends. It's great.
So cute.
After the wedding Tres and I flew out to Matinicus to meet up with our parents. Yes, OUR parents. Tres' parents came up to Maine with us too! And were already on the island with my parents waiting for us.
We got to go on a walk. Ira stayed home to nap and rest, but the rest of us went. Judy took this picture, which is why she isn't in it.
The enchanted forest....
Mom and Judy and I took a trail out to the water. Tres couldn't go on it, so Dad stayed back with him.
and when we came back in from the trail, this is what we found....lol. So glad they get along so well and are so similar! ha!
best buds
who us?
Matinicus pictures
oh, our new friend. The muskrat. Earl. Running away as usual
and we had one gorgeous sunset while we were out there. So glad Ira and Judy got to see one!
After getting back from Maine, I had one day to unpack us, do laundry and re-pack us for a Youth Trip that we take every year. (I say that like I've been every year...but it actually was my second year going already!) It's called Great Fall, it's near a town called Leakey (which is pronounced Lakey) It's gorgeous there, and so relaxing. I even took a 4 hour nap our first morning there. ahhhhhh. It's located on the Frio River (Cold River) The kids love it, the adults love it. It's a great time of fellowship and relaxation.
The whole group
He's praying from a distance...can't you tell?
So, some more info on the house...I know you're all wondering what the date is for move in? Well, until yesterday, the closing date was October 6. What happened yesterday? Well, we found out that the carpet we ordered was backordered for 4 more weeks and no one told us. So today I went by Lowe's to pick a new color which would come in a week instead. Grrr. They're giving us 20% off and a free upgrade to a liquid resistant pad for the trouble since they didn't tell us and just left us wondering where our carpet was.
And......remember the pictures I posted a few weeks ago of the house being built next door to us? Well, his roofing delivery guys came by yesterday to deliver his roofing.....and decided to drive straight over our front yard. Which is exactly where our septic is. Yah....
So now we have tire ruts across our front lawn, and no idea yet if there is damage below. The guy who owns the house next door is a builder, and is livid at the roofing company and is making sure they take care of this quickly. I think we're going to have a good neighbor in him :) So I'll let you know what happens with that. And I'll try to get some pictures tomorrow before they dig it up again to check on it all.






















2 comments:
Kate! Holy mackerel! Y'alls house looks amazing. I love the coutertops you chose. I like the door too! Actually, I like everything.
And your friend's weding dress is beautiful. I love the straps. They're really classy and dainty. Ahhh. I love weddings!
I saw the pictures from Leakey and before I read your caption, I thought "that HAS to be Leakey." Yay! I'm glad you guys get to go out there. We go there often as well, because my mom's best friend has a house out there. It's so peaceful.
Your house is coming along beautifully, Kate! How exciting!
LOVE the picture of your dad and Tres napping side by side. Hahaha.
Post a Comment