So, aside from not having internet, I intentionally did not post about this because it was to be a surprise! This past weekend, the annual "Libby Thanksgiving" celebration was taking place. As well as a surprise 'roast' of my dad for his upcoming 60th birthday. In my dad's family it is a tradition to 'roast' each other anytime someone's birthday is divisible by 10. So my siblings and I decided we wanted to get in on the surprise and made one of our own :)
So Matt drove to NYC from PA, I flew in from Texas, we spent one night there together and then drove up to Maine early the next morning. Here are some pics.
So happy to be with my siblings for a few days!
This is Jess and Greta.
Matt
Alex. LOL
Grampi went out with us too. Brave man :) No, but really, it was so fun to have him out with us. He just goes right along with whatever we're doing, which could be dangerous, but he loves it and so do we :)
Alex and Janna
Gunner (Matt's dog) had to be tied up outside of the restaurants we went in to. Poor dog. He hated it. He also sniffed every single person who walked by.
Smooching my sister
We went to this little place called "Mama's" or something like that. HUGE portions of food! But it was so good.
Matt ended up having to finish some of our food for us.
Melissa joined us for dinner
so tired...
The next morning...in Maine...waiting for Dad to arrive at Thanksgiving so we could surprise him. (and no, we didn't plan the black shirt thing. No joke. We all got dressed in Alex's teeny tiny little apartment and never noticed until we were on the road that we all put black on. too funny right?)
Laura Beth!
After Dad's arrival. He was nicely surprised
Driving back to NYC early the next morning (Matt had to be back in PA for a study group by 5:30pm. So we had to leave real early. Too many early mornings...you'd think I'd be used to it by now. I'm not...)
Matt tied Janna's shoes together
What is it with our obsession with filming or taking photo's in bathrooms? Not really sure.
They're driving slowly...
So, here is a video I made very quickly last night. I tried to keep it interesting and short. :) It's mostly of Dad's roast, starts off with us waiting for him to arrive. Enjoy!











No comments:
Post a Comment