1 Corinthians 9:18

"What then is my reward? Just this: that in preaching the gospel I may offer it free of charge, and so not make use of my rights in preaching it." NIV


2011 Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Sunday, February 17, 2008

Ummm...it's pretty cool down here...

I know that some of you are going to read that title and think...oh no! Don't panic yet. But I really do like it here...and connections with people I wasn't expecting, are just coming out of the woodwork. I have no explanation other than God is putting me in people's path's and vice versa. Scary, but exciting...

Also--I'm very impressed with the people down here. Everyone looks you in the eye...yeah...amazing in itself since NO ONE does that in New England. And they all say hello! People actually go out of their way to shake your hand and say hi. Amazing. All morning in church today--people were going out of their way to say hello to me.

So, last night, I got a phone call from this guy named John. He lives here in Austin (no clue who he is) he runs the Christian music night at a local coffee shop, and I had emailed the coffee shop asking if they do an open mic night. He says that they don't...but we get talking, for like 45 minutes about the music that Dan and I do. Just from talking, he thinks that we sound perfect, and he wants us to come and do an entire set! Which is like 40 minutes long! Holy cow! It's unpaid, which I expected...but it's pretty cool that he wants us to come and perform. So, that is tomorrow night (Monday), so I think that will all work out...I'm pretty sure.

I was supposed to go to Chris Tomlin's church this morning to meet up with a girl there, Kristen, who is a friend of a friend. But she emailed me last night to tell me that she's sick! Poor girl! So, my plan was just to go alone (and then go back again tonight to meet a different girl-Sarah--another friend of a friend) But when I was on the phone with John last night, he suggested that maybe I should go to this other church-Promiseland. It's a pentecostal church. And is pastored by Kenneth Phillips, who is the father of the guy in Phillips, Craig and Dean. And actually--John had wanted me to go to the smaller version of this church, which is actually pastored by the guy from Phillips, Craig and Dean, but when I googled the church--this is the one that came up, and is where I ended up. (I'm still going to Chris Tomlin's church tonight). But the service was pretty amazing.

There, I met this couple who sat in the same row as me. And they invited me to go out to lunch with them (which is awesome since I prayed for someone to go out to lunch with since my other plans had fallen through). So--I had an amazing lunch with them--it was definitely a God thing that I was connected with them. It's too long of a story to share on here, but they are a great connection for me to have.

This afternoon I went for a walk at The University of Texas, HUGE campus! It's like its own city!



OK--so, I must get ready for church now...I'm in my walking clothes...not appropriate for church.

I'm getting used to the roads around here--slowly but surely. It's busy...and fast, and everyone else knows where they're going except for me. But all I have to say is THANK GOODNESS FOR MY IPHONE!! It has found the right way for me more than once...

I may blog again tonight...but if not...tomorrow!! :)

1 comment:

Jacoline said...

so cool!! Can't wait to hear more, and...you haven't added my weblog on yours...how dare you ;-) LOL

xx