Okay, so time to finish my blogs about St. Maarten. Perhaps no one cares anymore, but I still feel the need to finish it (and I'm on Matinicus, the perfect time to buckle down and work on this)
So, day 5 was another beach day, and a day we spent driving around the island a bit.
I was starting to get really tired of the sun, and was needing a break. So we went to the beach just for a 1/2 a day--did some exploring in the vehicle--and went out mini golfing before finding a place to eat.
Here is Matt and Dad. Twins perhaps? Easy to see where Dad gets his good looks from right? Oh...wait a minute...
Janna, supporting her team, even in the islands. Amazingly, there were actually quite a few New Englanders down there, so she was in good company.

This beach had the most amazing reef. I wish I had an underwater thing for my camera so I could have taken some pictures. But if you saw Alex's video, it was the same place we saw the really colorful fish, and the sting ray.

So then on to mini golfing. It was an interesting place. Needed a little more upkeep, but apparently was in transition of management. The prior manager was there trying to clean it up ahead of us, and told us that the new manager had been having attendance issues. As in, she wasn't showing up to work. I missed why. Not really sure what was going on there.




So, I made a video of some of the sights while driving. Pictures were hard to capture the real feel of the area. I'm not sure if video does any better, but it'll at least give you an idea of the diversity of the area. Everything from very commercial, to very remote.
Lining up a shot, just right.
So, I made a video of some of the sights while driving. Pictures were hard to capture the real feel of the area. I'm not sure if video does any better, but it'll at least give you an idea of the diversity of the area. Everything from very commercial, to very remote.



No comments:
Post a Comment