Today is a very sad day for Steven Curtis Chapman and family.
If you don't know who he is, he is one of the most popular artists in Christian music today.
Yesterday afternoon, his 5 year old daughter was killed in their own driveway. One of his teenage sons, was driving out of the driveway in an SUV, didn't see her, and hit her with the car. I guess a few of the family members saw it happen.
No charges are being pressed against his son, which is good. I'm sure the guilt and grief are enough, and it was obviously an accident.
I'm assuming he was backing out or something.
Here is a link to a memorial page they set for her already.
http://chapmanchannel.typepad.com/inmemoryofmaria/
This video was done about 2 months ago of Maria and her daddy. It's really very cute.
Keep them in your prayers.
Other family members keep a blog here. Obviously none of them have posted anything about this, but I was looking through his older daughters blog, and yesterday, just hours before the accident, she posted about how she is now engaged! Talk about a flurry of emotions.
Steven Curtis Chapman is currently known for his song "Cinderella" which is a daddy/daughter song. It'll tug at your heart strings, especially now.



No comments:
Post a Comment