So, have you ever noticed that you always seem to see the same time on the clock? Do you see your birthday perhaps? Your anniversary? A loved ones birthday?
I see my birthday all the time. 9:18. am and pm. Often it is pm that I see it, but I always see it. I just figured it was because it is my birthdate and therefore I am more likely to notice it? We probably see the same time over and over again all the time-but don't realize it because the numbers are meaningless.
Anyway, this subject came up at my bible study a few weeks back. One of my friends said that she always sees her birthday on the clock, and that a pastor had once told her to look up bible passages with those numbers and one of them will jump out at her. Sure enough, she found what she believes is her 'life' verse. So, this made me think about the fact that I always see 9:18 on the clock. I did some research, looked up every single 9:18 verse in the bible and sure enough a verse jumped out at me.
1 Corinthians 9:18 "What then is my reward? Just this: that in preaching the gospel I may offer it free of charge, and so not make use of my rights in preaching it." (NIV)
So, is your clock trying to tell you something? Go look it up, you might be surprised what you find. :)




No comments:
Post a Comment