Ok, so here is the latest on Austin.
I'm planning to drive out of Maine on March 9th, and arrive in Austin on the 12th. That is my current plan. It is up for rearrangement on the dates, but if I do change the dates it won't be by much. This is pretty much when I plan to go.
I have friends that I plan to visit along the way, so if all goes well, I should be seeing people I know nearly every day of my travel! So I'm excited about that.
I don't have an apartment or a job yet, but I'm not worried about them. I have a friend from Canada who married a man from the Austin area. They live in Canada, but his mother still lives near Austin. And she takes in women who need to get on their feet. Gives them a place to live until they have a job/apartment/etc. And she has offered to let me move into her house! So, if I don't have an apartment before I go, I am sure I will end up living there with her. She's a Christian too, and has added me to her and her friends prayer lists. :) She seems like a very sweet lady, and an offer that I really can't refuse. I'd be crazy to.
I am looking at jobs in the field of Recreation and Leisure. Since that is what my degree is in, it makes a lot of practical sense. However, the ONLY thing I really have any desire to do in that field is to be a Facility Manager at a Rec facility, or something along those lines. Which means, those jobs will be hard to come by since each facility only needs one director. I'm also looking into the music industry and event planning industry-and keeping those on my peripheral vision.
I have been in the process of auditioning at The Austin Stone for their worship team. I had a few emails back and forth with them a few months back, and now we're at a standstill until I get there to meet them in person. However, people who don't know me, or don't know that I'm looking at that church keep recommending to me that this church is the worship team I should be on. At this point, this really is the only worship team I want to be on, or one just like it. Why? Because I think musically this team has it all together. They are the best at what they do, and I want to be part of a group where the music really means something significant, and has the talent to really carry it all out. Yes, this is the church that Chris Tomlin used to be a part of before he moved to Atlanta. That is merely how I heard about this church. And if he were still leading the worship team here, I would not be auditioning at this church most likely. It is unfortunate to me that anything one does in association with Austin has to immediately be tied to Chris Tomlin. But people do that down there all the time. It drives me nuts. But that is another story all together. So, I am hoping that once I meet the worship team leaders at Austin Stone, that things will fall into place and I'll be able to join that team. I've had a few people, who don't know me that well, tell me recently that I should be pursuing leading worship as a profession. So, I am considering that and adding it to my prayers for open or closed doors. But honestly, it would be amazing to lead worship as a profession.
Georgetown, TX is just about a 1/2 hr north of Austin, and is a community that I very much want to be a part of. I'm hoping to find an apartment here, and possibly a rec job too. It is described as a sleepy town, which is the northernmost gateway into the Texas Hill Country, and an ideal place for people who want a slower pace of life than the city but still want the convenience of the city. Also ideal for people who want to work in the Recreation field, or music field. Ideal right? Population wise, it is a little smaller than Portland, but seems to have the personality of Brunswick from what I can tell. So anyway, that is the area I'm looking at.
I think that is basically everything in a nutshell.
Radio V rehearsals are in full swing. You can purchase tickets from me directly or by clicking on that link. I would highly recommend seeing this show if you can. Not only because it'll be my last one for a while, but because it is the best show that Freeport puts on each year. It is sold out every time (500 seat theater!), and there are only 2 performances. So between rehearsals, Mary Kay, singing at church in special music, bible study, being in the nursery, family and friend obligations, and work...I'm a pretty busy girl most of the time. What a shocker huh? ;)




No comments:
Post a Comment