1 Corinthians 9:18

"What then is my reward? Just this: that in preaching the gospel I may offer it free of charge, and so not make use of my rights in preaching it." NIV


2011 Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Thursday, January 22, 2009

Very Interesting

So, I found this blog tonight while searching the internet.  

Now, I have to state up front, now that I've posted this blog--that I refuse to say either way that Obama is or is not the anti-Christ.  I mean, who can really say?  And either statement is incredibly bold.  I think it is incredibly bold to even be associating anyone with the title of anti-Christ before we know who that person really is.  And while I refuse to state whether or not Obama may be the anti-Christ, I actually agree with a lot of what is written on that blog (whose author also states that they don't believe Obama is the anti-Christ)

I think it is probably unlikely that he actually is, but I do find that the world globalization, world peace, and the following he already has is awfully scary.  And remember...he isn't the first one in history to try to create a World Order.  Others before him have tried too.  So we'll just have to see how this plays out.  I think it is important for everyone to keep in mind that only God the Father knows when Revelation will play out.  Not even Jesus himself knows when that time is.  He too is waiting for God to tell him when that time is.  So all we can do is prepare ourselves, spread the Word and the Kingdom of God to all the ends of the earth, and to look for Jesus' return.  Because whether He comes in our lifetime or not, He will come at some point--and I just pray that we (as Christians) are prepared for that day.

What I do know, is that I plan to pray for him and his administration regardless of whether I agree with them or not.  He is our leader now, and therefore deserves our respect and support.  I can disagree with him, but I cannot disrespect him.  (Which unfortunately others did not abide by with President Bush--which is so sad to me)  There is a difference, and I hope everyone realizes that.  I've already been caught up in a few 'friendly' debates over this subject.  For some reason people seem to think that disagreement, (and the sense of impending danger that I feel) also means that I choose not to support him in leadership.  I know it is a fine line, and I know it might seem counterintuitive--but I really think it isn't.  Anyway--I really hope not to do too many more posts regarding this subject (I mean the subject of Obama) but we'll have to see what the coming days bring...

If you're interested in reading more about the anti-Christ, here are a few websites that I found.  I have not read through these thoroughly (that is my blanket statement that I do not necessarily stand behind anything printed on any of these sites)


I would encourage anyone reading to do your own research on this topic if you are interested--and not to rely on what I'm posting.  :)

2 comments:

Jacoline said...

LOL @ that blogspot! I find it ridiculous in any way to assume he is the anti-christ. I mean I can understand that not everyone will agree with him but to portray him as an anti-christ goes just a little bit too far. Is it because he's black, is it because he might be too good to be true? Not sure but seriously this is just another way to scam Obama.

I just hope and pray that people will find peace with him being president and I hope he gets America back on the map again. It went from a country that dominates the world to almost nothing under Bush' reign.

Unknown said...

Perhaps. But should America be on the map because of our President or because we are followers of Christ? What are our goals and purposes as followers of Christ...to "dominate the world" or to declare His name? Also, people don't need to have peace with him as President. People need to have peace because they know the God who has put Obama in that position.

I don't know the media coverage that you have overseas. But, there are people who have compared the inauguration to a religious experience and the like. So, I see Kate's point on this...WHO is our hope put in? If our hope is in man,we're heading in the wrong direction.

Let me state clearly that I am not saying America cannot become a nation known for their God if Obama is President. May God move so strongly in His life and in our lives that it becomes so. My point is that it would seemt that, as believers, we would want our nation to be known for this: that the desires of our heart, our hope, are affection--it's all Jesus.