So...if you haven't yet heard--there is a new man in my life. I think most of you have heard through the grapevine, but if you haven't--I wanted to catch you up.
I met him a few weeks ago via eHarmony. We started off emailing, and talking on the phone, and then decided to meet. His name is Tres (pronounced Tress). He's 35 and a youth pastor. The first time we met, Laura Hall (my cousin) actually went out with us too. LOL. I know that sounds weird, but she really wanted to meet him while she was here--and I asked him if he thought that would be weird, and he was ok with it. So Laura went out with us as our "chaperone". LOL. Well, she loved him as much as I did--so I got the Laura stamp of approval :)
For our second date, he took me out to a fairly nice place (nice for Austin anyway--because every place here is jeans and flip flops) and we had a great dinner together--lots of easy and fun conversation.
The Monday after that date, I arrived home to find these waiting on my doorstep for me

I was so surprised!!! They lasted nearly a week and a half before they finally started to wilt.
So anyway, we've seen each other several times since then-and have decided that we want to officially date. As in....he's my boyfriend now. :) I adore being with him, can't wait to see him, hear from him, etc. I haven't felt this way in a long time about a man...he pretty much has me spinning in circles. Yeah. Obviously, since I'm willing to blog about all of this in such great detail. That should tell you something right there. He is amazing to me--he treats me like no one else ever has. And I've never really been treated poorly in the past...but Tres takes the cake. He wins the prize for making me feel special and beautiful all the time.
So, let's see. He's a youth pastor at a church just west of Austin. He and his parents also live at and run a Baptist camp which runs year round. His responsibility there is to mentor and train the teenagers that come to volunteer and work there. He also is a quadriplegic, he broke his neck when he was 18 diving into a friends pool. But he has quite a bit of movement in his upper body and can drive himself and that sort of thing.
So for the time being, we're basically spending as much time as we possibly can together, we're on the phone or sending emails the other times...and the rest of the time we are doing our best to focus on the other things we have to do. Like work. Which is easier said than done.
So, now consider yourselves caught up!




No comments:
Post a Comment