1 Corinthians 9:18

"What then is my reward? Just this: that in preaching the gospel I may offer it free of charge, and so not make use of my rights in preaching it." NIV


2011 Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Friday, January 22, 2010

50 days!!

50 days until I become Mrs. Sansom!

Yes, I know I haven't been blogging...and I'm sorry. I really am. I'm going to stop saying I'm going to try to do better, because every time I say that, I don't. But I am going to try to do better. :) But please be patient with me if I don't get a lot of blogging done before the wedding! I'm lucky if I call my mom, let alone blogging.

But anyway--here's what's happened.

I went home for Christmas (I have pics, and I hesitate to say I'll post pics. But I'm going to try)

They threw me a bridal shower while I was there. Janna did it, with mom and Rachel's help (and others too!) Erin made me a beautiful cake! It was so fun, and so crazy that it was for me!

We have our engagement photos done! (again, same disclaimer as above)

We've had gifts arriving from so many people. It's been so fun to see what is in the box when we open it. Currently since we have no space for anything, everything is in the corner in Tres' room. I can't wait to put it in our new house!

On the topic of new house--the lot is being cleared tomorrow! About 20 (or so) men from the church are coming over tomorrow with machinery and chain saws to clear the lot. I'm on food duty (Judy's away visiting her mom, so I'm on my own for the most part feeding these guys) We are getting a brisket from a lady in the church who makes meals as a ministry, and Morgan (the pastor's daughter) is coming to help me put together some food in the morning and load the car, and serve the guys--so that's great. I WILL be taking pictures of the whole process, and posting them here. That one I can promise because I'm determined to document this whole process as well as I can.

In other news: This week marked my last week at The Little Gym. So I thought anyway...until they asked me if I'd stay on for Mondays! So I'm continuing to teach on Mondays, which is good. Even though it's over an hour drive, I would have really missed it terribly, and so I'm glad to be staying there one day a week. I can deal with the drive once a week. But of course, only teaching once a week means even less of a paycheck than I was already receiving (which wasn't much to begin with) So Tres and I have been trying to figure out what our plan is going to be. Because obviously I need to be making money, but we also have to be planning so I can be a wife and mother at the same time. Tricky. Well, we've been praying about it and Wednesday I got a call from a friend of ours at church. Lisa. Lisa's mom fell a few weeks ago, and ended up in the hospital for over a week. So Lisa is looking for someone to come by about 2 hours a day, 6 days a week and help with food prep (for the whole family) and to help her mom clean, change her sheets, etc. (and her mom's husband has Alzheimer's and is starting to get worse I guess) So, after talking with her, and her considering a few other people too, she decided to hire me! So I'm very excited. I think I will really enjoy doing this, and I think I'm very well suited. I like taking care of people, and it's a great ministry opportunity to help Lisa out. So, this got me thinking that I should see if anyone else in the area needs the same sort of help (grocery shopping, cleaning, cooking, rides to doctor's appts, etc). So I'm looking into it. Even one more family would make a huge difference financially and still allow me the time I need to do what Tres needs done and that sort of thing.

Also, tomorrow night I have a Mary Kay party. It's only my second one since moving to Austin. For the last 2 months I've been trying so hard to book a party, and it's been so difficult! I've never had such a hard time drumming up business. I don't know if it's the economy, or what, but anyway, we're really praying that this party is a springboard for my business to grow. The only one I know is the hostess, so that's great. It's all new ladies otherwise. Ultimately, we're really hoping and praying that Mary Kay becomes our major source of income, which is what I've always hoped. So--that's where we're at!

Also--last weekend I had a few visitors! Kim Miller (who I used to live with in Maine) visited me from Colorado where she lives now. It was so wonderful to spend some time with her. I miss her terribly (and secretly I'm hoping she'll move here....which could be a possibility. We'll see...I'm hoping, I'm hoping!!) And also, Grammy and Dick visited too! They were on their way to Arizona for their winter stay, and they stayed here for a few days. It was so fun to get to introduce them to Ira and Judy and to show them around my part of the world. So, all in all it was a great weekend!

Ok, so now you're vaguely caught up. I really need to go to bed now, I have a very long and busy day tomorrow. But while I was thinking about it, I wanted to make sure I blogged!! Thanks for caring!!

No comments: