1 Corinthians 9:18

"What then is my reward? Just this: that in preaching the gospel I may offer it free of charge, and so not make use of my rights in preaching it." NIV


2011 Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Monday, May 17, 2010

Paint colors and progress

So, it's time to choose the color of the exterior of the house. Easier said than done. OK, maybe not easily said either.

So the other night, Tres and I went, armed with 7 samples, to see which one of the 7 we liked. (for anyone detailed enough to count the cans...yes, there are 8 there. But only 7 of them were house colors. The 8th was a potential door color that the guy at the paint store accidentally mixed for us, so we took it anyway, but haven't painted anything with it yet.)


Which one did we choose you ask?
none of them. Yup, that's right. Out of 7, we came up with zero. Well, not entirely true. #2 up there on the wall (the second one in on the top row) may end up being the choice. We do actually like that one. But we were hoping to find a green. As you can see...the greens either are way green, gray or brown. No green. When I say green, I mean sage green. Soft. Pretty. Subtle. So far, no dice. We have 5 more colors to try. We're going over tomorrow. If none of them work, the house color will be #2. #2 will be very pretty. It's like a creamy, yellowy oatmeal color. It's a very life giving color--so we could live with it. Just not green. We can learn to live with that, because we're not going to go through 50 samples. a) we don't have time, and b) it's too expensive and c) well, we're just not. (because I'm not going to paint 50 samples on the walls...lol...that's the real reason)


So here's last weeks progress! But first...pretty sunset over the house...




And the other night, the framing for our front door was starting to be put up! Those are planed cedar posts. I wasn't excited about cedar at first, until I saw it planed. Our builder, Barry, knew that I wanted something lighter, like pine or douglas fir. But we couldn't get our hands on any in an affordable and timely manner, so he suggested planing cedar (which is more than available around here) And boy, is it beautiful.

In this pic, just the top part is the actual frame. The 2 posts going to the ground are just temporary while they build so they don't ruin the posts that will be put in later (same goes for our front door...there's a work door that will go in until it's all done)







2 comments:

Dana Butler said...

so cool to see this!!! fun!!

Jacoline said...

it looks amazing kate! The house is going to be beautiful! Fascinating to see how they build houses there. Overhere, no wood...