I was supposed to fly here tomorrow, but Tres and I thought I should see about switching my flight to today. I got one of the last seats on the plane. And then almost missed my connecting flight in NYC. It was crazy. Not because of the storm, just because of my plane being late, and having a short layover.
I got off my plane from Austin, went to a monitor to find my next gate. And next to my flight it said "closed" ahhhh!! I ran (sort of) to the gate, and just made it on the plane. Phew!
I also just heard from Janna who headed down to school today. Her school is being evacuated. Nice. So she, Jordan, and a bunch of her friends are headed to Alex's apartment in Manhattan. I'm not sure going to Manhattan is the best of ideas. Especially since the mass transit system is being shut down at noon tomorrow. So pray that they'll all be safe at Alex's, and will be able to get out if they need to.
As for heading back to Texas, Laura and I are going to play it by ear. We're hoping for Monday still to get on the road, but will wait until Tuesday if we have to.
This might be an adventure!



No comments:
Post a Comment