To start, you have to see how we got Tres out to Matinicus. In the past we've always flown. But dad has been determined to get Tres out there on the boat. And he finally did it! See for yourself... (if the video doesn't work for some reason you can view it here too)
And this is what we arrived to. haha.
So, here are some pictures from our time out there.
Ryan, washing the table after the lobster
Our annual baseball game. Tres is our umpire :)
She's ready for the ball to come to her. Can you tell?
Heading back after the game
Matinicus was wonderful. Being with the family was beyond wonderful. The weather was perfect, even when it rained. We haven't seen rain in Texas in months, so having the rain in Maine was fantastic.
Unfortunately Tres and I had to leave one night earlier than we planned from the island due to pending fog. But it actually worked out perfect because we had a late dinner that night with our friends Matt and Sarah at Gritty's. We got to sleep in the next morning (until 7, but that's sleeping in these days), and had a lazy morning before meeting up with Marc Boutan for lunch! Marc is the man I used to work with at Timberwolf Tools and he officiated our wedding! Tres has never been able to spend time with Marc aside from our wedding. And our wedding doesn't count since it was such a busy time! The 3 of us went down to Harraseeket Lunch and Lobster which is at South Freeport Harbor. We had a wonderful, leisurely lunch and conversation before Tres and I headed south to Boston.
On our way to Boston we stopped by When Pigs Fly in Kittery. My dad built this! (Best bread in the world by the way...)
It was so fun to see the place! The last time we saw it, it was just a frame.
On our way to Boston we were able to have dinner with my college friends. Man it was good to see them. Too short, but better than nothing!
And actually, on Saturday I fly back up to Maine again! It'll be a short trip, but my cousin Laura is moving down here to Texas to live with us for the next year while she decides what she's doing with the rest of her life. So I'm flying up there to drive down here with her. ROAD TRIP! Not sure if I'll update from the road or not, but I'm sure I'll have things to say about it afterwards. We're looking forward to our road trip very much.













No comments:
Post a Comment