1 Corinthians 9:18

"What then is my reward? Just this: that in preaching the gospel I may offer it free of charge, and so not make use of my rights in preaching it." NIV


2011 Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Friday, May 11, 2007

ABBA Banquet

So, last night I sang at the ABBA Banquet. ABBA is a crisis pregnancy center here in Portland, whose goal is to provide counseling, support, and options to women (particularly those in the age range of 15-25) who find themselves pregnant. They show these women that there are other options besides abortion--where the rest of the world is telling these women that their ONLY option is abortion. So ABBA is a great resource in the Portland area. You can see about them at http://www.abbapregnancyhelp.org/
So anyway, the director asked me to sing at this banquet--and so guess who I had come as my accompanist...Mrs. LaForge! For anyone who doesn't know her, she was my music teacher from 6th through 12th grade. She was my favorite teacher by far--and so it was so fun to work with her again last night. What a treat! Sadly I don't have a picture of her and I.

Here are some pictures that Sarah R. took last night and just emailed to me.
Roommate picture! (maybe one of the last?) :(
I know the color of this one is a little funny. Sarah said she had to doctor it because my white smile reflected off of the flash. ha! First time that I've thought my smile was that white. ha ha

No comments: