1 Corinthians 9:18

"What then is my reward? Just this: that in preaching the gospel I may offer it free of charge, and so not make use of my rights in preaching it." NIV


2011 Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Thursday, May 17, 2007

Amy's Surprise Party!


Now--I know you don't know anything about Amy's surprise party--I didn't mention it before now. Well--it was a surprise. And I didn't want to take the chance of her reading my blog and finding out about it beforehand!

Anyway--I threw a surprise party for Amy last night! It was fantastic. She was so surprised, she had no idea!
First of all--she's sick. The poor thing. She started getting sick on Tuesday, and I thought "uh-oh, this isn't going to work if she's sick" But Sarah told me that we were going to do it anyway...and I'm glad we did (and so is Amy!) I had told Amy that we were going to have dinner with just the girls for "American Idol night" as we call it--so she had to be home by 7. I also put Kim in charge of getting her home on time, not too early, not too late. I had everyone park at the shop so she wouldn't see the extra cars.

At 6:30, we were ready. Everyone was there--we all had rosees to give to Amy (because she loves flowers!) Everyone lined up in the living room with the lights off--we were all out of sight when Amy came in the door. She saw all the food on the table at first, and was like "what is this??" And then I walked around the corner with roses in my hand--followed by the other 25 people in a single file line--all with roses too. She didn't know how many people there were because she couldn't see into the living room. And so people just kept coming and coming. It was great.

It was so fun to have everyone there--and Amy loved it of course. All night long she kept saying that she couldn't wrap her brain around what was happening, she was so surprised.

As a group we gave her a digital camera--which really blew her socks off, and Trish and I made her a memories book called "A 'True' Street Story" ha ha, get it? I will be making a copy of that book for myself so I can keep it too. It's really good.



Sarah R. being cute...again!



Amy, myself and Leah


Chinese Rob??


Craig's self portrait LOL!



Leah and Amy stopping to smell the roses...



Dick and Virjean--how cute!


Rob and Leah...also cute!

And finally, Sarah and Amy's self portrait.

The night was so fun, I need more reasons to throw surprise parties for people! Anybody want a surprise party? Oh wait...that would take the surprise out of it wouldn't it. Darn it!

No comments: