- In a play
- Organizing the performance aspect of a local fundraiser (see the poster below)
- singing in the fundraiser
- working my tool job 4 days a week
- working Mary Kay an average of 5 hours a week
- organizing (with Kim thankfully) the girls nights and social events for the 20's/30's age group through my church
- watching my dear roommate pack up her things to move out in a few weeks :(
- and then, the other night...I decided it was a good night to move all of the furniture around on the bottom floor of my house-so for those of you who know my house...I've moved my office into the library, and moved the "living area" out into the main room. This meant moving the couch, chair, tv, both tables (kitchen and dining) and all of my office furniture. What is the matter with me??
Honestly though, I'm thrilled with the move itself--I just have to put it all back together in its new rooms. This probably wasn't the best week to decide to do this. I called Kim M. last night in a bit of a panic because we're having a birthday part tonight for our friend Sarah R., and I didn't know who was coming or who was bringing what food. And I was running out to 2 different rehearsals--thankfully she swooped in and took care of it all! Yay for great friends! She remarked after the fact that she was relieved to hear that I too get stressed out. Yes I do...its rare...but it happens.
So--the really good thing though, is that I have a professional organizer coming to help me put my office back together in a workable fashion. I'm so excited about that, I can hardly stand it! She's coming next week. It will be AMAZING to be organized and have a functioning office again--AND--not to have it in the middle of the house!
So anyway, the kicker about all of it though, is that of course I WANT to be doing it all. Especially this fundraiser. There is a boy here in town who has just been diagnosed with a life threatening brain tumor. And the entire community is pulling together and organizing this event to raise money for the family for his medical expenses. So I am honored to be a part of this.

There was an article written in the Forecaster too, which I was even interviewed for! Click here to read it if you want.
I think we're going to be expecting easily 5000 people to show up. Maybe more. The performance part of it can only fit 500 people...but the rest of the school can probably hold any amount. It should be interesting. Plus, Matt (my brother) and Laura D. are going to be MC'ing the event. I'm really excited about that. He's nervous, but I don't think he dares tell me no. :) He'll honestly be great--he really will. And with Laura there (who loves being on stage) I think they're going to be a hit for sure!



No comments:
Post a Comment