1 Corinthians 9:18

"What then is my reward? Just this: that in preaching the gospel I may offer it free of charge, and so not make use of my rights in preaching it." NIV


2011 Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Sunday, August 26, 2007

Libby Cousin Camping Trip

The first weekend of August marked the first annual Libby Cousin Camping trip. We went up to Baxter State Park. We actually have a total of about 22 First cousins on the Libby side. But about 9 of us came to this camping trip (along with 2 spouses!) It was so great--and such a good time for us to get to know each other better and just spend some quality adult time.

Our only full day there we were able to do a little bit of really light hiking. It was actually more like a romp in the woods--but I think it was the perfect amount of activity for the group.




along the way, we stopped at some beautiful points at the river--to just enjoy the natural beauty of Maine! It was so great. At certain points in the river, we also got to see some rafters coming down. It was fun to watch them.

Matthew glared at me in the rear view mirror as I took this picture.
Alex and I had brought our ice cream balls, and we made fresh ice cream! It was honestly the best ice cream I have ever had. I would highly recommend making ice cream this way. We purchased these at LLBean, so if you'd like to see them click here.
Courtney is shaking the ball to make the ice cream!

Then, as we were packing up on the last morning, Alex decided it would be a good idea to become a human water sprinkler. Hilarious.
Group picture! From Left to Right, back row: Michael, Courtney, me, Bree, Janie (Cade's wife) Marcia (with baby Summer). Front row: Janna, Alex, Cade, Matt, Jay (Marcia's husband, with Mikayla)
This is a self portrait we took on our drive home. If you haven't seen the video yet of our adventure home, then click here to see it. The best way to describe this video, is that you see all of us in our natural "family roles" The first time I saw it, I was crying because I thought it was so funny. And I was in the video and I thought it was funny--I mean, I had an idea of what it would be about!



We are already looking forward to planning next year's Second Annual Libby Cousin Camping Trip.

2 comments:

Miss President said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Miss President said...

ICE CREAM BALLS!!!! I got Matt a pint-sized orange one TWO Christmases ago (from Bean, of course) but we didn't break it in until the 4th of July this year!! The ice cream was wonderful, but not very solid... ours ended up more like ice cream soup... I guess we'll just have to refine it and try again! Do you have the big ones or small ones? We saw the huge display when I was up and had to smile. :)
It looks like you had such a fun trip. Lucky you to be so friendly with your cousins - I only have three and they all live so far away - two in Florida and one in Colorado!