1 Corinthians 9:18

"What then is my reward? Just this: that in preaching the gospel I may offer it free of charge, and so not make use of my rights in preaching it." NIV


2011 Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Monday, March 10, 2008

This is disturbing

So, I'm sure most of you had heard about Elizabeth Shoaf, a 14 year old from South Carolina, who was kidnapped in 2006 by a complete nutjob. She was held in an underground bunker, tied up, naked, raped everyday. Just unimaginable for me even at 28, I certainly can't imagine it at 14.

Well, Dateline just did a story about it on Friday night. Not sure if anyone caught it. But one of the officers who found her that morning, is the dad of 2 guys that I know. He wrote this blog about the investigation.

I don't recall hearing about this case when it happened, but I saw her first on The Today Show on Friday morning, and then found out about the Dateline special. While I was watching her talk about it on The Today Show, I just sat in tears--this poor girl-who just seemed incredibly strong and confident as she talked about her ordeal. But her demeanor is just so calm, and collected, and she is so beautiful--she really blew me away.

No comments: