1 Corinthians 9:18

"What then is my reward? Just this: that in preaching the gospel I may offer it free of charge, and so not make use of my rights in preaching it." NIV


2011 Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Valentine's Day

So, I'm a little late--but I had quite the Valentine's Day last weekend.

Cameron was way ahead of the game--which I'm finding is usual for him (and that's a good thing!) and my Valentine gift arrived LAST Monday.  That's right, nearly a whole week prior to the day.  And just like I'm starting to count on him being early/prepared/on top of things, he is starting to count on the fact that I want to open gifts the moment I get them so in anticipation of this he had given me instructions that I was not allowed to open it until Valentine's day.  Can we say TORTURE??  I literally ended up hiding it from myself so that I didn't have to look at it all week long.

Saturday morning (Valentine's Day) I had to get up early to head to a Mary Kay event.  So--first things first--I had to open the present!  Of course, being the extreme non-morning person that I am, it literally took me 10 minutes to open the darn thing because I couldn't locate my box cutter nor any scissors.  I hadn't planned ahead for that.  grrr...

Anyway, I finally get the box open, and inside I find this-

It doesn't look all that big in this picture, but from head to tail, it is as long as my torso.  It's extremely huggable.  And tied to it's left ear, on that pink card, is a poem.  Written especially for me, which left me speechless--literally.  It's beautiful, and just blew me away.  :)  He couldn't have done anything better if he had tried.  I was so impressed!

So, what a great start to my day.  So--after this, I had to head out to the Mary Kay event.  For the first time ever, Mary Kay decided to do a Live Satellite Educational Event (known as SEE)  The way this worked was that we had to register ahead of time, $18, at locally appointed movie theaters.  Ours was in Brunswick.  It was the only one in the state of Maine!  I left earlier because some of the girls I know thought it would be nice to have breakfast before I go.  It was wonderful!  I met up with them in Brunswick at the theater, and I got to ride in Julie's Pink Cadillac!!!  (Julie is my adopted director)  This was my first ever ride in a Pink Cadillac.  Totally made my entire day.  It was wonderful. :)  We drove up to Bath and went to Mae's Cafe.  Those of you from around here may remember it as Christina's.  It was such a great way to spend the morning!  Breakfast with ladies that I adore.  It was just great.

The SEE event was very cool.  Going into a movie theater in our skirts and nylon's just didn't seem odd.  Isn't that funny?  But, being with all of these ladies (maybe 100 in all?) most of whom I know, or at least recognize--it was very cool.  So, the screen lit up, and Sean Key, President of Sales Development appeared on the screen.  It was a 2 hour training event--and there were 30,000 consultants nationwide watching it at the same time.  It was very cool to think that we were sitting in a movie theater watching a live MK event.

After the event ended my friend Sarah met me at the theater so we could see "He's Just Not that into You"  Very cute movie--and startingly accurate--at least on the dating front.  There was an affair in the movie which was disappointing to both of us, but we liked the rest of it.  And recommend that you all see it.

Following that was Janna's 17th birthday party!  I don't have any pictures of it sadly, but it was a fun night filled with people who love Janna.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

What a sweet gift!