And when I say Fairy-God Mother, I am referring to myself. Not that I have any grand abilities of changing rags into gowns, or a pumpkin into a coach (although sometimes I wish I could do both of those things), but my intent was to make a very special night for one special little girl. I am in fact a Fairy-God Mother. I bet most of you didn't know that about me. Leah, my God-Daughter, has called me her Fairy-God Mother since she could talk pretty much. It's who I am now, much to my delight.
So, I decided that I needed to spend some much overdue time with Leah. So we organized an entire afternoon together, including a sleepover!
The day started off with a trip to Build-a-Bear, which was also overdue. I told her she could pick out a new bear if she wanted to, or she could just get clothes for her current bear (which she picked out when she was 3) Being the big 7 year old that she is, she wisely opted for the new bear. That's my girl :)
And it isn't just any Build-a-Bear that she picked. It's the Hannah Montana Build-a-Bear. I know you can't tell in this picture (I think Leah was embarrassed that I kept taking pictures of her...but it's my prerogative to do so!!) But this bear has a necklace on with Hannah Montana's picture, and has her logo stitched into the bottom of its foot. There also was an option to get the Hannah Montana sound put into the bear, which is a part of one of her songs. Yeah...Erin (her mom) loved me for that. LOL!
After our trip to Build-a-Bear, we headed back to my place for some delivery pizza from Domino's (which you can order online now in Freeport and track its status!!) and we watched a movie. It was a truly special day/night. And Leah remarked more than once "This is the best afternoon/evening/night of my life!!!" With great enthusiasm each time. I love this girl.
At bedtime we laid on her air mattress which I had put at the end of my bed, and read some of her Shel Silverstein poems, and then took some pictures of ourselves with my iPhone. :)




She went to bed without a problem--and slept soundly through the night. Even when I had to wake her up twice to use the bathroom to avoid any issues we might have. She practically slept through those times too. She remembers being woken up once, but not twice. lol.
Just before waking her up the first time, I snapped this picture. I came upstairs to find only a hand sticking out of the top of the sleeping bag, and figured I'd better make sure she was still breathing inside the bag. She was, and looking very cute and cozy. I felt bad waking her up, but not bad enough to keep from doing it. ha!
In the morning we got up and made bacon and eggs for breakfast (this child can eat me under the table, no joke), and I turned on the local news while we ate. I know the newscaster because he used to work as a DJ at the local Christian Radio station, and I told Leah that I knew him. She asked how, and I told her. Then a few minutes later, he announced that a certain local author would be appearing on a local talk show this week. An author whose name I thought I knew (it turned out not to be someone I know) but I said to her "hey, I think I know him too!" A few minutes later, another newscaster came on, and she cocked her head towards me and said "do ya know him too?" LOL!!! It was so incredibly funny.
Leah and I had an absolute blast together--we make a great pair. :)




1 comment:
THIS IS AWESOME!!!
HUGS FROM MAINE
http://sophie4me.blogspot.com/
Post a Comment