Here is an interesting question/thought. It is one I have considered before...but I thought I'd share it with you all too. Regarding mornings and waking up:
Is it actually hard to get up in the morning when our alarm clocks go off, or do we just think that its hard? Do you understand what I'm asking? Do we struggle to wake up because we don't have a choice--because let's face it, we don't. We have to be to work. Or is it really just that hard. Is it all in our heads? I would argue that it is mostly in our heads. I say mostly because, I believe that our minds are stubborn--or at least I know mine is--and if I HAVE to do something...I'm less inclined to do it. However if it is my choice--it tends to be a little easier. Example: Tuesday through Friday, when I'm working at tools--I set my alarm for 6:30, and at 7:30 I am dragging my sorry butt out of bed. Yes, I set it an hour ahead on purpose--it takes me a long time to wake up. I have tortured many a roommate with this tactic- in college especially. But on weekends and sometimes on Mondays when I don't have to come to work, I will wake up at 8am on my own--not often, but it happens. Most days I wake up naturally closer to 9--and if I'm really tired 10 or later. So, does that extra 1/2 hour of sleep really make the difference? Or is it the fact that I have a choice in the matter. I still argue that it's because I have a choice.
In my defense, and in the defense of others who claim to be "night owls". I truly believe that I am a night owl. If I could function on my own schedule all the time, I'd sleep 1am to 10am. Those late hours really do work well for me. I do some of my best work during that time of the night. I wrote all of my best papers in college during that time. I really do think that individuals have "ideal" body clocks--but since the world has to function all at the same time, it was the morning people who won out on what the typical work schedule would be. They probably met in the morning to make that decision, and none of the night people were up in time...so the morning people won. LOL.
Tonight, I go to my Mary Kay meeting! Yay! We have them weekly, for training and support and recognition. Every week we have a Queen of booking (the person with the most appointments on her books) and a Queen of Sales. (the person who sold the most during the previous week). Tonight, I am hoping to be Queen of Sales. I sold $1000+ this week--which gives me a very good shot at being the Queen! My mother thinks I'm crazy...but I love being the Queen. It does sound very silly, I will admit...but once you have worn the tiara...you want to wear it every chance you get. LOL.
Also, over the weekend...a few women came out of the woodwork who want to be consultants. Its crazy, all of sudden...there they were. So, hopefully that will all work itself out--I am very excited to have a growing team--and work torward my car and directorship! Yay!



1 comment:
Have a wonderful time in Florida! I'm completely jealous - how I long for a vacation! Soak up some sun for me! :)
Post a Comment