Thursday night we had our first girls night out gathering. Kim and I are basically spearheading this thing--which I think is going to be really awesome. We had such a good time. Sarah H., Leah, Kathy, Kim and I were the only ones there--but it was just so great. We basically sat around for 3 hours just chatting--eating chocolate--and painting our nails. Does it get any better than that?
After it was over, we all left--and I was a few minutes down the road--Kim called me to tell me that Kathy was stuck in the mud...and she thought that I should get my Dad's truck to pull her out. So I went back to the shop, and got the pickup, thankfully it was there. There were a few ropes in the back, so I just drove it back to Kim's. We hooked up a nylon strap between the truck and Kathy's car, and I started pulling. The strap broke. That's when I knew we had a problem. So at 11pm, I ended up calling my dad to ask him what I needed to do. I felt bad calling him so late, but what was I supposed to do?? He said I needed a chain, he explained to me what I needed to do to pull it out. So, I went back to the shop, got a chain, and then back to Kim's. It took one try to pull Kathy out of the mud. I was so proud of myself! Especially since in 7 hours, I'd be putting on heels and a skirt to head to a Mary Kay conference. That made it even better. Kathy's comment was "Women can do anything!" Which is so true. It was a great feeling of accomplishment.



No comments:
Post a Comment