1 Corinthians 9:18

"What then is my reward? Just this: that in preaching the gospel I may offer it free of charge, and so not make use of my rights in preaching it." NIV


2011 Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Seminar of the North

This past weekend, I went to Seminar of the North, which is a local Mary Kay event put on by my Adopted Director, Julie. And all of her directors.



The weekend was so great. First of all, my director, Lisa came all the way up from New Jersey to go to this event with me. It was so fun to have her with me!



This is Lisa and Julie. Lisa is introducing herself. All of the directors get to do that...

Then, my dad came with me as my date to the dinner. I love it when he comes. Its not his favorite thing to do, but he comes because he knows that I like him to. :) What a good father.



So, first is dinner, and then awards. From July to August, we track different things we are doing in our business. There are 5 courts. Each court has a Queen, and then there is a Queen of the whole deal. I wasn't a queen of anything (I didn't expect to be) but I did get into all 5 courts! That was my goal. I have some much better pictures taken on my dad's camera that I'll post separately once I get them from him.
I think this is the funniest picture I have ever seen of myself...honestly. So, what was happening here, is I was talking with this director (in the purple dress). She and I randomly met in Dallas on the public transportation system. We talked for like 5 minutes before we realized we were from the same place. So as I walked up to her on stage, she says to me...remember that we met in Dallas? Of course I remember! :)


After dinner, the dates go home, and we get to have girlfriend time in our pajamas! I didn't get any pictures of it, but we actually walk through the hotel with our pajamas on to get to the training area. I love it...its so funny to see the looks of everyone in the hotel. Who are these crazy ladies?


Then...after hopefully getting some sleep (because usually you end up talking to your roommates for a while) you get up nice and early for breakfast and training. The training lasted until noon on Saturday...and it was so great.


Then Lisa and I headed home--it was sooooo hot and humid and sticky. I was miserable. We went to Portland to meet up with one of my team members, and then we came home. And then Lisa decided she needed a nap...so she took a nap IN FLANNEL SHEETS! It was probably a hundred degrees on the second floor of my house...I couldn't believe it.


Anyway, the whole weekend was great. I love having Lisa around!! I think she should move to Maine... :)

I will add much better pictures in a separate blog once I get them from my dad.

No comments: