Its a work in progress. Although, most wouldn't think to meet me that I am shy...I am. Most of my social behavoir which appears to be outgoing is what I have learned, not what is natural for me.
Today, as part of my Mary Kay Full-Time mode, I decided that I should go out and get some new names. This is called, Warm Chattering. When you meet someone in a store--or where ever, and offer them your business card. The goal is always to get their name and number in return, in hopes of sitting down with them to offer them a free facial, and ultimately to become your customer. This is one of many ways that we gain new customers. And it is my least favorite thing to do, but I need to learn it.
So anyway, as I said, today I decided that I needed to go out and do some of this...and so I went up to Target, with the intent of getting 5 names.
I walked into the store, and grabbed a cart, because I figured it would look better if it looked like I was shopping (and I'll have you know, I did buy a pair of sunglasses and some hair wraps...so I did really shop).
I spent 30 minutes walking around the store, trying to get up the nerve to approach someone. Finally, I saw this very cute girl--with awesome curly hair. So, that's one!
Next, I approached an older woman. She didn't have any interest, but took one of my cards. I think she felt badly not to.
By this time, I was ready to be done, and so I decided that I would find a check out with a cashier that I wanted to warm chatter--and I did. She is super cute...and she already booked a party!
So although, I was still done at that point, and not going back in for more names...I am so glad I did it. She is very excited about her party, and so am I.
I spent an hour in the store...yes, an hour...and came out with 2 names! Then I promptly called Lisa, Julie and Grammy to announce my accomplishment. It seems silly I know...but this is a big deal for me...and I had to brag about myself for a moment.
Every card I hand out is one step closer to overcoming my shyness, and one step closer to becoming a director.



No comments:
Post a Comment