So, since I have some time here today, I'll finish about Amy's wedding.
So, this guy was just sitting under a log up on the hill above where the ceremony was to take place. This was during the rehearsal. He was gone by the time we came back for the actual wedding.
Amy's sister Becky taking a picture of her other sister, Julie.

The beautiful bride.

Becky and Kim

Getting Amy into her dress

My picture with the bride!

Rachel, Becky's roommate and the official wedding photographer. I love this picture.

Myself and Kurt. We sang one song just before Amy came down the aisle. And then I sang one other song, accompanied by a violin and cello.

There were 3 officiants for the wedding. Dick Camp (right), Director of ACMNP (the organization Amy and all my other friends in Maine work(ed) for), Carmen (whose last name I can't remember) She is a friend of Amy's from college. And Bill Young, Andrew's father. Already crying as he processed up the aisle.
Amy and her father.
Now, the big question all day was, will it rain? Will we have to move this inside? It was close. Amy put me in charge of making all executive decisions, including whether or not the wedding would need to be moved inside. 1/2 hr before the wedding, the rain had stopped, and I was assured by the locals that it would be safe to put the wedding outside. When Amy started up the aisle with her father, it started to lightly sprinkle. And I guarantee that every single person sitting there started praying "God, please stop the rain. God, please stop the rain" And a few minutes later, the sprinkles stopped. phew!!
Bill conducted the majority of the service. It was really beautiful. I, and just about everyone else (including Bill) cried through the whole thing.




So, Janna and Sarah Rollins and I (along with the help and direction Virjean Camp and a few others) set up this entire room. It took a total of about 2-1/2 hours, which is not that bad. Particularly since my presence was not constant--since Amy gave me all her decision making powers--I had other things to do too. It was quite the busy day. But doesn't this all look beautiful? Janna especially gets a prize for working hard. This is the first time Janna has had to 'work' a wedding, instead of just attending it. She has a great appreciation now for what goes on behind the scenes to pull it together, and she's a pro now. She says she's all set for me to get married now--because she'll know what to do. :)


Amy's Dad, Bob. This guy is hilarious! He is still talking about the time he came out to Maine and had dinner with my entire family (yup, he got to experience all 6 of us) He says it is the funniest thing he has ever seen. :)

Daniel (Andrew's brother) and Becky-getting ready to make their toasts. Rachel standing by for picture opportunities.

So, the wedding was absolutely gorgeous-and so much fun.
Other noteable times of the night:
1. I choked on a bean. Seriously. This has never happened to me before, and it was scary! There were baked beans served with dinner, and the beans were not quite cooked all the way. And one slipped down my throat, completely blocking it. I tried to drink some water--and the water went down, but the bean didn't move. Rachel was sitting next to me, and I let her know I was choking. And just as she was about to spring up to give me the heimlich manuever, the bean moved enough for me to swallow most of it. ahhh! Scary!! But, I was just fine afterwards--once I stopped coughing and got my voice back.
2. We did contra-dancing, which then led into all sorts of dancing which was super fun. Kurt, who I sang with, knows how to swing dance! So, we got to do that a little bit too. It was so fun. Sadly, the dancing had to end though, because the place had to be cleaned up. Janna and Sarah and I got sent home by the parents, we got home at about 1am--and collapsed into bed.
Yesterday (the day after the wedding) we all felt like we'd been hit by mack trucks. And we still went to Helena last night (a little over an hour and a half away).
I'll blog about that--maybe this afternoon--or definitely when I get home.



No comments:
Post a Comment