1 Corinthians 9:18

"What then is my reward? Just this: that in preaching the gospel I may offer it free of charge, and so not make use of my rights in preaching it." NIV


2011 Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Thursday, July 24, 2008

A gripe

So--yes, Janna and I made it home safe and sound--sorry I haven't blogged yet. Trying to catch up on sleep was awful at first (since we took an overnight flight Sunday night), and I am still on Mountain time, which makes for really hard mornings, and really late nights.

Anyway, I will blog the rest of the trip soon....

My gripe:

So, obviously I don't look my age. I'm lucky if I look 23 or 24--and I think that is pushing it sometimes. I'm used to being carded when I buy alcohol and that sort of thing. What surprises me is when I am not carded. So, Tuesday I went to the grocery store (since I had NO food in the house) and among my items in my cart was a bottle of wine. Wasn't carded. Flew right through the line.

Last night, it was raining and I decided that I wanted to make cookies and watch a movie, but I had no chocolate chips. So I went down to the grocery store to get a movie and chocolate chips. And decided to peruse the alcohol aisle to see if there was anything good while I was there. I found Kahlua White Russian, ready to drink. So, I carry this all up to the counter to pay for it only to be asked for my ID. No surprise. I go into my wallet to get it, only to find it ISN'T THERE! I had put it in my pocket while I was traveling over the weekend, and forgot to put it back in my wallet. It was at home somewhere (and I didn't know where). So needless to say the girl wouldn't let me buy it, which was fine but disappointing. The guy in line behind me tried to help by showing his ID for me to buy it. Too bad that doesn't fly anymore.

So--although I know there are lots of things that are positives about looking so young--ask me about them in 10 years when I can start to appreciate them.

No comments: