1 Corinthians 9:18

"What then is my reward? Just this: that in preaching the gospel I may offer it free of charge, and so not make use of my rights in preaching it." NIV


2011 Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

A few more Austin pictures and my first Montana post

So--here are a few pictures left over that didn't get posted yet from Austin.

This is Joley and John--Joley is who I stayed with while I was there.  She's amazing, and I so enjoyed getting to know her better.

John is the guy who originally booked Dan and I to play at this coffee house when we were there in February, so he is the reason I met Joley.  John also has been an amazing source of connections and ideas for me.  If you need information, John is the man to see.  If he doesn't know, he'll find out for you--quite quickly too I might add.


This is Andrea and Kristin.  They are 2 ladies that are friends of a friend.  One of those amazing connections that I had this week.  I had dinner with them at Chuy's--great Tex Mex.  In fact, I ate there 3 times that week.  ha!  But these girls were fantastic, and I think are going to be great friends.  They are determined to find me a roommate (they actually offered to let me move in with them, until they found out I have cats.  They're allergic...)

This place, is one of my new favorite places in Austin.  It's called Hey Cupcake.  And I'm pretty sure they have the best cupcakes I've ever had.  Ever.  Honestly...they're amazing.  When you all come to visit me in Austin--we're going here for lunch.  :)

And then of course, here is Austin itself.  I like this view of it, I think it's nice.  This is looking from the south (I actually took this while driving...) looking straight up Congress Street.  That is the Capital in the middle.  You can see the cranes and scaffolding on the buildings on the left too.  There is LOTS of construction going on in Austin right now.  The place is growing very quickly.
And, I didn't get a picture, but I did get to meet up with Paul Vick and his family for lunch before I left on Sunday!  It was so fun to meet them all in person.  The whole family wasn't there, but the majority was.  There are 7 kids all together, and only 4 could make it to lunch.  The adult children were not there.  But--their family is a lot like ours, and so I quickly found my place in their bantering.  They even have an 18 year old son, so I joined right in on picking on him...it reminded me of Matthew.  But, they're a great family.  I'm so glad I got to meet this man finally!  He's been very helpful in getting me connected with various people.  And his wife, Deb, is just a doll.  

So, if you haven't guessed already.  I made it to Montana safe and sound.  Amy picked me up last night at the airport at midnight.  The moment I saw her I burst into tears.  I couldn't help it!  I had warned her though that I would cry...and I did.  That is how much I miss her...  I'm already prepared to cry all through her wedding too.  Waterproof mascara will be a must on Friday...

But we stayed up until 3am, Montana time, talking...which was oh so wonderful.  Then I showered and was in bed by 4am.  We meant to get up at 10.  But we both slept until noon.  Which was probably good.  We got up and went to breakfast at this great little place.  The Cateye Cafe.    Yes, breakfast.  At 1pm.  Luckily this place serves breakfast all day.  :)  I had this amazing banana bread french toast.  The name of the breakfast meal was "The Cowgirl"  I had to get it!  But banana bread french toast?  Please...it was incredible.  What a great idea!  Dad, you need to do this next time you make banana bread.

We spent the day running errands, grocery shopping for the masses of girls showing up in the next 2 days, and just enjoying some time together.  Her sister, Julie arrived tonight.

Janna will be flying in tomorrow night around midnight--I can't wait to see my sister!  I miss her!!  And then all the other girls show up on Wednesday...then let the festivities begin.  :)

1 comment:

Miss President said...

If I wasn't already going to come and see you in Austin, I would book tickets just to go to that cupcake place. What a gem! ;)