Alex said he added 3 seconds to his time, and ran into the lane line 3 or 4 times. Eek. The coach from Indian River (the school Matt is going to in the fall) was there to watch. But Alex said everyone is happy, and it was ok.
Matt told them later, that he had over-sharpied his goggles. (This is a very technical process of blacking out the sides of your goggles with a black sharpie marker--to eliminate or at least reduce glare from the sun--sort of like football players do with the black lines under their eyes) But he had done it a little too much, and he couldn't see anything. Oh well--it would be a hard thing to guess about ahead of time, especially since--as a Maine swimmer--he is not used to outdoor pools.
So--I hear that tomorrow they are going to head up to Indian River to see the school, which should be fun! I'm sorry I'm missing that. I would have loved to see the school.
15 days, 16 hours and 38 minutes until we are on our plane to St. Maarten. :)



No comments:
Post a Comment